Tutaj had called home at the beginning of the band trip to tell his parents that he was not feeling well and had been taken to the hospital.
“It’s devastating news. It was a terrible shock for the entire community and we’re going to do our best to support Joseph’s family. It’s a pretty senseless and unspeakable tragedy,” said Seaford School District Superintendent Brian Conboy.
As if this story is not sad enough, this was not the only ordeal the Tutaj family is facing. Joseph’s father Robert is battling late stage cancer. The family was also forced to relocate from their home after Hurricane Sandy.
Tutaj’s mother is in California preparing to bring his body home.
What is sad about this story to me, is here is a high school kid doing the right thing, being a member of the school band, supporting the band on the trip to Disneyland, and probably having a great time as kids should. The suddenness and senselessness of his death makes it tragic and I am sure the band members and his family will be grieving this loss for a long time.
Whether Tara is helping people make a memory with a trip to Disney (or anywhere else for that matter) or she is helping to write all the news and gossip to keep you in the know! She also has a brand new facebook page for even more tidbits on Disney and travel, so visit her at Magical Memories and the Mouse.
- Boy dies of mysterious illness on Disneyland school trip (cbsnews.com)
- Disneyland Cancels Southern California Ticket Discounts (chipandco.com)
Latest posts by guest blogging (see all)
- Saving Money on Your Disney Vacation…Using Gift Cards! - September 13, 2014
- 5 Easy Tips to Help You Start Planning a Magical Walt Disney World Vacation - September 12, 2014
- Disney makes it Magical…. - August 5, 2014