“Disney’s support went the extra mile. Their financial contribution, commitment to volunteerism and their Imagineers providing incredible creativity to make our space come alive is just phenomenal,” said Dave Krepcho, president/CEO of Second Harvest Food Bank.
In 2012, more than 730,000 people, half of them children, received emergency food in the six Central Florida counties served by Second Harvest. To help meet Central Florida’s growing need, the new facility’s features include increased warehouse space, increased refrigerator and freezer capacity and a community kitchen.
For more than 20 years, Disney has donated several million pounds of food through its “Disney Harvest Program” which collects prepared and unserved food from eateries throughout the resort’s properties and delivers it to the food bank. Disney Cast Members also participate in food drives and volunteer their time to sort food at Second Harvest.
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
- Disney Imagineers Put Their Creativity to Work at Second Harvest Food Bank (chipandco.com)
- Disney is Sharing the Magic (chipandco.com)
Latest posts by Maria (see all)
- Smoking Spots to be Reduced at the Magic Kingdom - March 4, 2015
- Frozen Retold Through Emjoi - March 3, 2015
- “Galactic Gathering” Special Event to Join Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios - March 3, 2015