“Disney’s support went the extra mile. Their financial contribution, commitment to volunteerism and their Imagineers providing incredible creativity to make our space come alive is just phenomenal,” said Dave Krepcho, president/CEO of Second Harvest Food Bank.
In 2012, more than 730,000 people, half of them children, received emergency food in the six Central Florida counties served by Second Harvest. To help meet Central Florida’s growing need, the new facility’s features include increased warehouse space, increased refrigerator and freezer capacity and a community kitchen.
For more than 20 years, Disney has donated several million pounds of food through its “Disney Harvest Program” which collects prepared and unserved food from eateries throughout the resort’s properties and delivers it to the food bank. Disney Cast Members also participate in food drives and volunteer their time to sort food at Second Harvest.
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
- Disney Imagineers Put Their Creativity to Work at Second Harvest Food Bank (chipandco.com)
- Disney is Sharing the Magic (chipandco.com)
Let my friends at World of Magic Travel help you plan your next Magical Disney Vacation. Their services are 100% free with no cost to you. Who wouldn't want someone to do all the tedious trip planning and reservations for them? Just use the box in the top right of the page (or click here), and one of our Travel Magicians will be in touch with shortly. Remember everyone deserves a little magic when booking their vacation, and World of Magic Travel is here to help.
Latest posts by Maria (see all)
- This Summer you can Meet Stitch at Tokyo Disneyland - January 20, 2015
- Florida Residents can Experience the Magic at a Discount - January 20, 2015
- Garden Rocks Concert Series to Rock Out at 2015 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - January 18, 2015