“Disney’s support went the extra mile. Their financial contribution, commitment to volunteerism and their Imagineers providing incredible creativity to make our space come alive is just phenomenal,” said Dave Krepcho, president/CEO of Second Harvest Food Bank.
In 2012, more than 730,000 people, half of them children, received emergency food in the six Central Florida counties served by Second Harvest. To help meet Central Florida’s growing need, the new facility’s features include increased warehouse space, increased refrigerator and freezer capacity and a community kitchen.
For more than 20 years, Disney has donated several million pounds of food through its “Disney Harvest Program” which collects prepared and unserved food from eateries throughout the resort’s properties and delivers it to the food bank. Disney Cast Members also participate in food drives and volunteer their time to sort food at Second Harvest.
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
- Disney Imagineers Put Their Creativity to Work at Second Harvest Food Bank (chipandco.com)
- Disney is Sharing the Magic (chipandco.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Be sure to check out our sister site Disney Addicts, where we feature all the best Disney Planning Tips and more! Or drop by our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook group where you can chat about your your home away from home... Disney!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.
Latest posts by Maria (see all)
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Praise Wave Makes a Splash with MERCYME Taking the Stage March 12th - March 4, 2016
- SeaWorld Orlando Offers Free Beer - March 3, 2016
- SeaWorld Orlando Unveils New Coaster Car: Inspired by Sharks, Engineered for Speed - February 17, 2016