“Disney’s support went the extra mile. Their financial contribution, commitment to volunteerism and their Imagineers providing incredible creativity to make our space come alive is just phenomenal,” said Dave Krepcho, president/CEO of Second Harvest Food Bank.
In 2012, more than 730,000 people, half of them children, received emergency food in the six Central Florida counties served by Second Harvest. To help meet Central Florida’s growing need, the new facility’s features include increased warehouse space, increased refrigerator and freezer capacity and a community kitchen.
For more than 20 years, Disney has donated several million pounds of food through its “Disney Harvest Program” which collects prepared and unserved food from eateries throughout the resort’s properties and delivers it to the food bank. Disney Cast Members also participate in food drives and volunteer their time to sort food at Second Harvest.
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
- Disney Imagineers Put Their Creativity to Work at Second Harvest Food Bank (chipandco.com)
- Disney is Sharing the Magic (chipandco.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store! Also don't forget to visit some of our other sites - Disney Addicts where we answer your Disney Questions, the Disney Fashionista is serving up the best in Disney Travel, Fashion, Makeup and More on her site, finally be sure to check out our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook Group.
Latest posts by Maria (see all)
- UNIQLO Introduces ‘MAGIC FOR ALL’ Celebrating Disney, Marvel, Star Wars and Pixar - August 4, 2015
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Sells out Halloween Night - August 3, 2015
- The Village People and Sara Evans are Coming to SeaWorld Orlando - August 2, 2015