Will you be visiting Walt Disney World over New Years? Are you looking for a special place to welcome 2018 and say goodbye to 2017? Disney is giving their guests many different choices to ring in the new year from special dining extravaganzas, luminous fireworks and New Year’s Eve dance parties throughout Walt Disney World Resort.
Check out our list of all the New Year’s Eve celebrations:
Magic Kingdom Park
- Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks – Guests will ring in the New Year in front of Cinderella Castle with the cherished fan-favorite fireworks show that will take place Dec. 30 and 31, 2017, beginning at 11:50 p.m. Additional showings will light up the sky both nights at 6:30 p.m.
- Frontierland and Tomorrowland New Year’s Celebration Dance Parties – Put on your dancing shoes and boot-scoot with a hoppin’ beat ‘til midnight in Frontierland. Or jump start the New Year with an upbeat get-together in Tomorrowland, blasting into 2018 with futuristic tunes.
- Park hours on Dec. 30 and 31, 2017 are 8 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- New Year’s Countdown Fireworks – Say “au revoir” to 2017 around World Showcase as dazzling fireworks light up the sky to welcome 2018 in a booming big way! This one-night spectacular starts at 11:40 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve Parties – A DJ dance party will have guests dancing and grooving “around the world” with special entertainment at the America Garden Stage, Future World Fountain Stage and other areas throughout the park. Just for New Year’s Eve, you can move to your own beat with music playing in your headphones at the “Silent Groove” dance party that will take place at Future World Center.
- New Year’s Eve Buffet Dinner – Sip and dip your way into 2018 by indulging in a lavish buffet of savory foods and decadent desserts at this ticketed event in World Showplace. For reservations, visit disneyworld.com/holidays or call (407) WDW-DINE (3463).
- Park hours on Dec. 31, 2017 are 9 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- New Year’s Eve Dance Party – Revelers will get the party started with a DJ dance party all around Center Stage in front of the Chinese Theatre with special projections on the theatre. The fun starts at 7 p.m. on Dec. 31. Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!, the nighttime holiday show will take place at 8 p.m. wrapping fireworks, state-of-the-art projections, special effects and music into one grand spectacle. The elaborate nightly themed firework show, Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular, will bring in the New Year with a special twist at midnight!
- Park hours on Dec. 31, 2017 are 9 a.m. to midnight.
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney Countdown to Midnight – Guests will clink glasses at midnight after an unforgettable evening of live music and dancing in the Fantasia Ballroom. Taste buds will be celebrating, too, with savory bites and wine pairings from the California Grill, Flying Fish, Citrico’s and other signature Walt Disney World restaurants. Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and friends will also join in the fun! Festivities begin at 8 p.m. on Dec. 31. Guests must be 18 years of age or older to attend. For reservations, visit disneyworld.com/holidays or call (407) WDW-DINE (3463).
- Down in New Orleans: A Disney New Year’s Eve Dining Experience – This dining extravaganza brings New Orleans to Walt Disney World on New Year’s Eve. It’s a night filled with exquisite dishes, champagne toasts, and the ultimate viewing location for Magic Kingdom fireworks. Exclusive for guests 21 years of age or older. For reservations, visit disneyworld.com/holidays or call (407) WDW-DINE (3463).
- Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration (SOLD OUT) – A family-friendly celebration, Pixar Party immerses guests in the beloved Disney-Pixar films with lively music, a mouthwatering buffet, Magic Kingdom fireworks viewing, character meet-and-greet opportunities and more. For reservations, visit disneyworld.com/holidays or call (407) WDW-DINE (3463).
- California Grill New Year’s Eve Hollywood Hideaway (SOLD OUT) – Swing in the New Year with “stars and starlets” high in the sky at this cool and classy California Grill get-together. Schmooze the last hours of 2017 away at this “Rat Pack” inspired shindig where favorite Disney characters make a guest appearance and the evening caps off with spectacular views of Magic Kingdom fireworks.
- Mickey’s New Year’s Eve BBQ (SOLD OUT) – Mickey and friends invite guests to join in a rootin’ tootin’ celebration that includes a scrumptious unlimited BBQ feast. Bluegrass music and a DJ are sure to have everyone on their feet to ring in the New Year. The celebration begins at 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 31.
Photo Credit: Disney
Are you ready to start planning your magical Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani Resort in Hawaii, or Adventures by Disney vacation? Our friends at MickeyTravels (designated with Platinum Earmarked status by Disney) can help! Click Here for your FREE No Obligation Quote from one of their Authorized Disney Vacation Planners.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.
Latest posts by Sarah Phillips (see all)
- Chinese New Year Celebration Kicks Off Spectacular Year At Hong Kong Disneyland Resort - January 19, 2018
- VIDEO: Disney World’s Best-Kept Secrets - January 19, 2018
- VIDEO: New Baby Hippo At Disney’s Animal Kingdom - January 19, 2018