Top 5 must-have Droid apps for your next Disney trip
With the Disneyworld Droid market quickly growing I wanted to publish an update on this article I posted awhile ago. Here is a little list of Droid Apps that I put together for those people like myself who have a Droid Phone. All of these apps are free and helped me on my last Disney World Vacation.
- Lines – Visit Touring Plans and create an account. Once you have an account just login and check out the wait times. Be sure to submit wait time to help keep the numbers up to date. Another excellent program is Crowd Calendar from Touring Plan too!
- U Steam Broadcaster – Before you leave for your vacation create an account at U Stream (free of course) and then download the U Stream on your Droid Phone (search term – ustream) then sign in to your account. So while you are at Disney you can stream video from your phone to your account. You can share the streams with the rest of the interwebs or just friends and family. I have a U Stream Channel where I will be broadcasting our Disney World Trip all this week! Good thing about this is you don’t use your phones drive space so the length of the video is basically the length of your battery life. (bring your charger)
- TimeStream Software “Walt Disney World Secrets Gold!” Revealing over 200 magical and surprising secrets of Walt Disney World® Resort, the new “Walt Disney World Secrets Gold!” Notescast App works like an innovative guidebook taking you on a tour of Walt Disney World Resort. With your Android in hand you can journey from one new secret to the next in the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.. I pretty excited to try this out in May when I go down for the D23 event!
- Carrr Matey – Ever forget where you parked at Disney? This simple program allows you to drop anchor at your car and when you are ready to leave find your vessel again when it is time to embark. Our last trip in January of 2010 we used this program several times and each time it took us right to our car!
- TiKL – Touch To Talk – My family and I are all on Verizon and probably will held captive for a really long time. One thing I have always liked about Sprint/Nextel Phones is the Walkie Talkie (sp) feature. Quick and easy communication without having to pick up the phone or send a text message. This handy app turns your Droid phone into a neat Walkie Talkie at a press of a button.
- Honorable mentions
- Pandora – If the sounds of DisneyWorld become to much (can’t imagine that) and want to listen to some music check out Pandora where you create your own radio station. (Free)
- Radar Now – Gives you the local radar at the press of a button. Keep and eye on those pesky summer storms. (Free)
- Color Flashlight – Turn you phone into a flash light in case you drop something in a dark theater like “It’s a bugs life” (Free)
- FX Camera – Fun tool to mix up those boring old pictures. Why not take some old Poleroid shots? With this software you can. (Free)
- Shazam – When you hear a song and want to know the Song name and Artist just press Shazam and in a few seconds you have your answer. (Free)
- Disney Droid Apps? I Don’t Need ‘Em! (chipandco.com)