IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, Epcot’s fireworks spectacular, is more than just bursts of color in the nighttime sky. It, like other Walt Disney World attractions, not only entertains—and wows—but also tells a story.
Utilizing pyrotechnics, a revolving globe and laser projections all synced to a booming symphonic score, this 14-minute show integrates fire, earth and water (and wind on a breezy night) to celebrate our planet and its people. The story is “told” in three acts:
- Act 1: Chaos —The Inferno Barge launches balls of fire 60 feet into the air depicting the dawn of time and the creation of Earth.
- Act 2: Order —Earth Globe glides to the center of the lagoon, glowing with great people and achievements throughout time.
- Act 3: Meaning —Earth Globe opens to reveal a torch; fireworks begin and laser lights fill the sky, propelling us into the future.
The stage is set in the middle of World Showcase Lagoon and is visible from pretty much any vantage point in the park. However, one of the best viewing spots is the patio of the Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room. Located at the United Kingdom Pavilion, Rose & Crown sits right on the water and is designed in three different architectural styles—one reflecting pubs of the late 19th century, one modeled after pubs from the 17th century and one modeled after contemporary country pubs.
I suggest your reserve your table between 7:00-7:30 p.m. Request patio seating when you check in, and take your time dining. Sample favorite Rose & Crown menu items, such as fish and chips, bangers and mash, and vegetable curry. Satisfy your sweet tooth with chocolate Scotch cake, apple crumble or sticky toffee pudding. Linger awhile, then raise a pint from the large selection of ales, lagers, ciders and stouts. And sit back, relax and enjoy the show!
A table on the patio cannot be guaranteed, and outdoor dining cannot be requested in advance. Entrees range from $15-$35.99 per person, or require one table service credit if using the Disney Dining Plan. Click to view menus (Lunch, Dinner, Kids, Dessert, Pub) or call (407) WDW-DINE to book your reservation today.
Jodi Whisenhunt’s MAGICAL MOUSE SCHOOLHOUSE: Learn While You Play at Walt Disney World Resort is now available in print and can be purchased at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and CreateSpace. (Kindle and Nook versions also available!) Come, think outside the textbook and stretch the walls of your home classroom with Walt Disney entertainment!
- AllergyFreeMouse.com and Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free at WDW Blog Present: IllumiNations Dessert Party (chipandco.com)
- Top 10 Pet Peeves at Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend on our website. If you purchase those items through my links I will sometimes earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to pay for my website, and continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!
Latest posts by Jodi (see all)
- Boating around the Walt Disney World Resort - May 22, 2014
- 2 New National Wildlife Federation iPad Apps for Kids - April 22, 2013
- Disney’s The Little Mermaid: Diamond Edition Coming to Blu-ray October 1, 2013 - April 21, 2013