As we all know, packages for 2018 will be available for booking this Tuesday, June 20, 2017! With that important date right around the corner, we just wanted to address some of the specifics about the upcoming release.
- When 2018 packages open up on the morning of June 20, 2017 for booking, you will only be able to book a package 499 days in advance. This means if you want to book a trip with an arrival date of November 1, 2018, you will be able to on June 20, 2017. However, if you want to book a trip with an arrival date of November 2, 2018, you will have to wait until June 21, 2017 and so on.
- Military discounts are not available on packages on their initial release date. Historically, we do not see military rates available until late summer/early Fall. Last year military rates for 2017 were released on September 28, 2016 so we should expect to see them around the same time this year.
- All it takes is a $200 deposit to reserve your package. Then you have up until 30 days prior to your arrival date to pay off the balance.
If you are still wanting to plan a trip to Walt Disney World this year, there are some offers available but rooms are EXTREMELY limited for some of them.
- Summer Package/Room Offer: If you are wanting to take a trip to Disney for this summer, you are in luck! The last day to book a room or package with this offer is July 14, 2017 with travel dates from now until August 31, 2017. I have seen several rooms available with this offer especially as we get to dates later in the summer.
- Free Delicious (Dining) Offer: This is the most popular discount available year after year. The last day to book a room with this discount for this year is July 7, 2017. There is very little still available for this discount but I have personally seen some availability towards the end of August/early September.
- Enchanted Escape Package Room/Offer: Like the Free Dining Offer, rooms are very limited for this one. The last day to book to take advantage of this offer is August 31, 2017 with arrival dates from August 13, 2017 to October 5, 2017.
Another popular question I receive around this time of the year is when “Late Fall Discounts” will be issued. Historically, these discounts are released around the beginning of August. Last year, this discount was released August 8, 2016. If/when issued for this year, I would imagine it to be issued around the same time if not a bit earlier. Of course, we can never guarantee a discount until it is officially announced by Disney. I advise my clients to book with a rate you are comfortable with and then if a discount should become available, it’s like a cherry on top!
If you were thinking of visiting Disneyland or Aulani this year, there are also some great discounts available for those Disney properties as well. If you were thinking of sailing on Disney Cruise Line this year, make sure to take advantage of our onboard credit offer for Chip & Co Fans!
As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I work with all Disney Destinations around the globe. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.954.401.9577, via email at MickeyTravelsHolly@gmail.com, or follow along on Facebook.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.