What to Eat When you Need Something Healthy at Disney
It’s actually really a good thing that there is so much walking to be done at Disney World. Between the cupcakes, cookies, rice krispy treats, burgers, nuggets, and mickey ice cream bars you will feel the need to join over eaters anonymous upon your arrival home.
But, what if you just need something healthy?
Here are a few options for you when you need to steer away from the junk food.
1. Hummus with Pita Chips. You can get this at the Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge. The hummus is delicious and it is a super protein packed snack that will help fill you up between meals!
2.Dole Whip. Believe it or not, when it comes to frozen dessert type items this is your best bet! It has fewer calories and less fat than other ice cream type offerings. So, go ahead, indulge! Another great choice at Aloha Isle are the pineapple spears.
3. Fresh Fruit. Disney has made fresh fruit more and more abundant in the parks. You can find whole fruit such as apples, bananas, and oranges and also sliced fruit such as watermelon, cantaloup, and honeydew melon in each park. I am a big fan of sliced melon on a hot day. The water content keeps you hydrated, which is so important in the Florida sun!
4. Veggie Wrap at Cosmic Rays in the Magic Kingdom. This is a great alternative to a greasy burger. It is also a choice that will fuel your body correctly for a day of park touring!
5. Babycakes Cupcakes. If you really need a cupcake but don’t want all the unhealthy stuff that comes with it you need to head to babycakes in Down Town Disney. They offer an assortment of gluten-free, dairy free, egg free treats that are actually really really good! Certainly worth a try.
I try to eat a healthy snack in lieu of a sugary treat each day at Disney. Especially when I am using the dining plan since dessert is included at both lunch and dinner. That being said, you have saved and planned for this vacation and there is nothing wrong with a little indulgence!!
What are some of your healthy food stops? Let us know in the comment box below.
- 100 Disney VEGETARIAN Foods to Eat Before you Die Challenge (chipandco.com)
- 100 Disney Foods to Eat Before you Die Challenge (chipandco.com)