Doc McStuffins: Friendship is the best Medicine DVD Review
The Doc is in and coming to DVD Today! This past week my family and I had the chance to check out Doc McStuffins – Friendship is the best Medicine on DVD. My daughters have been a fan of the show already and really enjoy having something to watch in the car.
This show has been on our DVR box since it’s release on Disney Channel/Disney Junior. I don’t think a day goes by where we are not watching this show. This show is perfect for the little princesses out there and is wonderful to see a young lady of color in a featured role on the Disney Channel.
If you haven’t heard of this show or would like some information on the DVD keep reading…
“Doc McStuffins” is an imaginative animated series about Doc McStuffins, a six-year-old girl who communicates with and heals stuffed animals and broken toys out of her backyard playhouse clinic. Assisting Doc with the day-to-day operations at the clinic are her much-loved friends: Stuffy, an overly proud dragon; Lambie, her cuddly best friend; Hallie, a jolly and caring hippo nurse; Squeakers, an alarmist squeaky toy fish; and Chilly, a snowman who spends a lot of time getting check-ups at the clinic. Whether it’s a case of loose stitching, low batteries or a blow-up toy who’s sprung a leak, Doc and her pals are always there to lend a helping hand, while imparting to young viewers the importance of taking care of oneself and others. Each episode features two 11-minute stories and an original song and showcases the hallmarks of great Disney storytelling – fantasy and wish-fulfillment.
The DVD contains five full length episodes, each consisting of two 11-minute stories, that highlight some of Doc’s favorite toys.
Episodes Featured on the DVD:
- ENGINE NINE, FEELIN’ FINE!- Doc and her toys learn a lesson about dehydration after discovering that Donny’s toy fire engine has run out of water.
- THE RIGHT STUFF - Stuffy rips his tail and tries to hide it from Doc and the other toys and learns that anyone can get hurt – even brave dragons.
- CAUGHT BLUE-HANDED – When a mysterious rash of blue spots breaks out among some of the toys in the clinic, Doc traces the “Mystery Pox” back to Donny’s toy monster, Glo-Bo who had been finger-painting earlier in the day and forgot to wash his hands. Glo-Bo is voiced by Jim Belushi.
- TO SQUEAK, OR NOT TO SQUEAK – Doc helps a plastic toy duck get his voice back after his squeaker pops out.
- BEN/ANNA SPLIT! - When Doc’s huggy monkey doll Ben loses the velcro patch that attaches him to his sister Anna, Doc glues it back on and tells him that he will have to stay in the clinic overnight while it dries.
- THAT’S JUST CLAW-FUL - Doc prescribes physical therapy for her crab bath toy Hermie after she reattaches one of his claws that has fallen off.
- THE RIP HEARD ROUND THE WORLD - While dancing with Lambie, Doc accidentally rips a hole in her fur.
- WALKIE-TALKIE TIME - Doc diagnoses a toy walkie-talkie with “Staticosis” and helps find his missing antenna so he can communicate clearly again.
- DARK KNIGHT - During a sleepover with all of her toys, Doc discovers that Sir Kirby is afraid of the dark and prescribes a night-light to cure him of the “Dark Willies.”
- HALLIE GETS AN EARFUL - When Hallie is having trouble hearing, Doc gives her a hearing test and realizes that she has extra cotton stuck in her ears.
While the DVD isn’t really loaded with extra the Doc’s special Big Book of Boo-Boos filled with fun activities plus character and boo-boo bandage stickers is a plus.
If you are a fan of the show I would pick this DVD up strictly for the portability. You get almost 2 hours of shows to take in the car or laptop which is perfect for little ones.
We want to hear what you think about the show. Let us know in the comment box below.
- Coming Soon to DVD – Doc McStuffins: Friendship is the Best Medicine (chipandco.com)
- Coming Soon – Disney Junior Late Night Programming (chipandco.com)