DIY Disney Vacation Countdown
Making a Disney Vacation Countdown has become one of our pre-WDW Vacation traditions. We typically travel to “the World” the first part of June, so the whole month of May is full of anticipation of school ending and our Disney vacation on the horizon. Paint chips are an easy, inexpensive way to make a countdown. Along with some canvas, some fun markers and scrapbooking paper, this countdown comes together easily!
Bright Colored Markers
Disney Themed Ribbon and Scrapbook Paper
1. Put a dab of hot glue on the end of your ribbon and attach it to the back edge of the canvas. Run it width wise, to the other side. Dab some glue on the other end and attach it. Continue this until you have five rows of ribbon.
2. After you’ve glued your ribbon rows on, you’ll want to lay out your paint chips. I had to cut mine down a bit, but I got six per row. This gave me 30 days, which was perfect to start counting down from.
3. I glued the paint chips back to back, so I could write on the other side. Each night, one of our children pulls the card off, turns it over, and reads a fun Disney fact.
4. From this point, I cut apart my scrapbook paper so there was the face of each character. I glued these to the corner of each paint chip, sort of off center. Beside the character face, I wrote the number.
5. To finish it off, I attached each paint chip to the ribbon with clothespins and hung it on the wall with some command strips.
Carrie writes here on Chip and Co and also on My Favorite Finds. There you can find the best organization,recipes, Disney travel tips, and crafts. Stop by and check out all of her great ways to find the joy in the everyday!
- Enter Now! $400 Disney Gift Card Giveaway (chipandco.com)
- Do It Yourself Disney Vacation Countdowns (tipsfromthedisneydiva.com)