Disneyworld Character Changes May 2010
To occur on Sunday, May 9th:
- Bert and Mary Poppins are appearing in Fantasyland (Carousel).
- Prince Eric and Ariel are appearing in Adventureland (Veranda).
- Wendy is appearing with Peter Pan in Fantasyland.
- Lilo is leaving, but still available at DAK.
- Goofy is moving from Frontierland to Adventureland (Caribbean Plaza).
- Stitch is moving from Adventureland to Tomorrowland.
- Chip and Dale are moving from Town Square to Tomorrowland.
- Snow White is moving from Town Square to the Wishing Well.
- Winnie the Pooh and Tigger are moving from Toontown to Town Square.
- No known changes.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
- Lotso is appearing in the Animation Building.
- Bo Peep is being replaced by Lotso in Block Party Bash (essentially retiring this character).
- Jojo is leaving Playhouse Disney Courtyard, but still available at Play ‘n Dine.
- Goliath is leaving Playhouse Disney Courtyard and being replaced by Handy Manny at Play ‘n Dine (essentially retiring this character).
- The Big Hat, still a random location, has a new list of “regulars:” Chip, Daisy, Dale, Donald, Eeyore, Goofy, Minnie, Piglet, Pluto, Pooh, Stitch, and Tigger.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
- No known changes.
- Asajj (Clone Wars) will be available for meet and greets during Star Wars Weekends; she’ll be trading out with Ashoka near the entrance to the Premiere Theater. The two are also joining the Jedi Training Academy. Commander Cody is getting an updated look as well.
- Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow are back! They have joined the Hoedown Happening, replacing Liverlips and Shaker. The Hoedown Happening is similar to dance parties, characters generally do not sign and getting them to stop for a picture is tough, but if you’re quick it can be done.
- Ariel’s Grotto is closed, Ariel is available at two dining locations as well as her continued appearances in parades and shows.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table has changed the dinner character greeting format from the Fairy Godmother, Suzy, and Perla show to the more traditional meet and greet currently offered for breakfast and lunch. This changed on Feb. 7th.
- Magic Kingdom Teardrop is officially closed. See the RANDOM page to see other possible random character greeting locations.
- UP Characters are no longer available for regular meet and greets.
- Bolt, Jessie, and Green Army Men will be appearing outside of Muppets 3D between April 25th and May 8th.
Photo Credit Disney Dan via Flickr