It is time for this months Disney World Character Changes News. A lot of interesting moves and changes happening at the Walt Disney World Resort. Special thanks to WALT DISNEY WORLD CHARACTER HUNT for all the Character News.
Confirmed Character Changes:
- C3P0 is making appearances at SWW in the Luke, Leia, R2D2 queue.
- R2MK will be appearing with Jedi Mickey during SWW.
- Lilo and Stitch are now appearing at Typhoon Lagoon for the summer.
- Goofy is appearing at Blizzard Beach for the summer.
- Power Rangers are off to save the world and will be leaving DHS on August 8th.
- Bert and Mary Poppins are appearing at MK Fantasyland (Carousel).
- Prince Eric and Ariel are appearing at MK Adventureland (Veranda).
- Wendy is appearing with Peter Pan in Fantasyland.
- Goofy moved from Frontierland to Adventureland (Caribbean Plaza).
- Stitch moved from Adventureland to Tomorrowland, Lilo has left the MK.
- Chip and Dale moved from Town Square to Tomorrowland.
- Snow White moved from Town Square to the Wishing Well.
- Winnie the Pooh and Tigger moved from Toontown to Town Square.
- Lotso is appearing in the Animation Building.
- Bo Peep was replaced by Lotso in Block Party Bash (essentially retiring this character).
- Jojo left the Playhouse Disney Courtyard, but still available at Play ‘n Dine.
- Goliath is no longer available for regular meet and greets or at dining.
- Handy Manny is appearing at Hollywood and Vine character dining.
- The Big Hat, still a random location, has a new list of “regulars:” Chip, Daisy, Dale, Donald, Eeyore, Goofy, Minnie, Piglet, Pluto, Pooh, Stitch, and Tigger.
- UP Characters are no longer available for regular meet and greets.
- Asajj (Clone Wars) will be available for meet and greets during Star Wars Weekends; she’ll be trading out with Ashoka near the entrance to the Premiere Theater. The two are also joining the Jedi Training Academy. Commander Cody is getting an updated look as well.
- Mickey and Minnie are moving to Exposition Hall once Toontown closes (announced for spring 2011). No word on if this will become their permanent greeting location, but most indicators point to yes.
- Princesses are moving to Exposition Hall as well. Once the Fantasyland Forest is complete, the princesses and fairies will move to their appropriate locations.
- Ariel is moving from her Grotto to the Adventureland Veranda, she will be appearing in legs. Ariel will move to the Fantasyland Forest when the new attraction and greeting area is completed.
- Pooh and Tigger are moving to Town Square.
- Fairies are moving somewhere once Toontown closes, a couple different locations have been rumored, still awaiting for more information.
Shows and Parades:
- Disney’s Electrical Parade (DEP) will be returning to the Magic Kingdom starting Saturday, June 5th. The current expected end date is August 14th.
- The Hoedown has transformed into a Flash Mob in Frontierland! This change occurred on February 26th.
- The Pirate Tutorial is performing on a new stage in Adventureland! The stage was tested in summer 2009, but has become permanent as of January 5th.
- Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee was discontinued after January 3rd with little momentum to support a possible return.
- Totally Tomorrowland Christmas was considered a success in 2009 so there is a strong indication it will be back in 2010!
That’s all for this month.