Disney’s Polynesian Resort – Ohana Breakfast Bread Recipe
All this talk of food today has made me hungry..To follow up on the Disney Food Confession – Pineapple Breakfast Bread article. I wanted to share with you the recipe I found for the Ohana’s Breakfast bread.
(Yes that is a line of Breakfast Bread in the picture)
‘OHANA BREAKFAST BREAD
Ohana Breakfast Bread
1 3/4 cups water
1 ea. egg yolk
2 TBSP shortening
4 1/2 cups high gluton flour
1/2 TBSP salt
1/3 cup sugar
1 TBSP instant yeast
1 cup crushed pineapple
1 cup unsweetened coconut
1 cup sugar
2 TBSP corn starch
1. Combine Pineapple and cocnut in bowl.
2. Combine sugar and cornstarch in seperate bowl and mix well.
3. Add sugar and cornstarch mixture into pineapple and cocnut mixture and mix well.
4. Refrigerate for one (1) hour.
1. Combine all ingredients in order of recipe in a mixing bowl, and mix with dough hook until dough picks up on hook and the sides of the mixing bowl is clean.
2. Let dough rise until it doubles in size.
3. Roll out dough on a floured surface until it is 2 inches thick.
4. Next, spread pineapple/coconut mixture over the top of dough.
5. Fold dough into itself and place in a greased 9×13 cake pan.
6. Cut dough into pieces with a pizza cutter and spread out cut pieces evenly in cake pan.
7. Let dough rise in warm oven (110 degrees F) – about half way up the pan.
8. Bake at 325 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Let bread cool, cut and serve.