What Not to Miss at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Our family had the pleasure of staying at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort last June. Coronado Springs is a very large resort, and we found some fun (aside from the pool) tucked in our resort. Spending the day at your resort can be so much fun, and it is worthwhile to work a resort day into your trip. If you find yourself staying at Coronado Springs, I hope you’ll take some time to explore the following:
1. Lago Dorado. This is the HUGE lake around which the resort is situated. As you stroll the .75 mile path around the lake, you’ll come upon some hammocks. These are such a nice touch to the resort. We found ourselves relaxing on the hammocks in the sand, enjoying the lake after a long day at the parks.
2. The Dig Site. The pool at Coronado Springs is not “just a pool”. It has a huge, awesome Mayan pyramid with water trickling down as the centerpiece of the pool area. The slide here is awesome. It’s one of the longest (123 feet) on property, and our kids absolutely loved it! While our older boys were having a blast on the pool, I found myself relaxing with our young daughter in the small sprinkling/splash pool beside the slide. The small child pool area has small fountains to play in and just enough water to keep the little ones happy. Another fun part of the pool is the huge water fountain in the middle of the main area. It is not only pretty to look at, the water coming out of it adds a nice touch.
3. Sand volleyball and ping pong. Next to the snack bar of the Dig Site, you’ll find a sand volleyball court and ping pong tables. There were families and friends on the volleyball court all the time! Such fun!
4. The Explorer’s playground. Behind the slide of the Dig Site, is the Explorer’s Playground. Here, kids can play, climb, and dig for archaeological treasures.
5. Quiet pools. The big Dig Site not your thing? Want to relax with your family in a quieter area? Coronado Springs has three quiet pools located in each of the guest room sections of the resort.
6. Enjoy the landscaping. One thing that stood out to us at Coronado Springs was the gorgeous landscaping. Not only is the lake beautiful, but there are topiaries, huge flowering plants, and lush green everywhere. It’s one of the prettiest resorts in my opinion. Just outside the entrance to Pepper Market is a fun topiary of the Three Cabelleros!
I hope you’ll take some time to enjoy your resort. Or, if you’re out resort hopping, check out Coronado Springs.
- Planning some down time with your kids? Use the Resort Playgrounds! (chipandco.com)
- Disney Food Confession – Pepper Market Coronado Springs (chipandco.com)