Here’s another tip to help save a few pennies. Disneyland offers picnic areas. When booking your hotel look for, or have your travel agent look for, one with a kitchenette in it. This way you can have your cold cereal for breakfast, pack a nice picnic lunch for the park and then splurge on your dinner. Perhaps visiting a nicer restaurant like Blue Bayou or the like.
Here’s some rules pertaining to your Food Savings in the Park:
- No Alcohol or glass bottles are allowed
- There is no limit on the amount of food/beverages you can bring into the park (except glass/alcohol of course)
- There is a limit on the size of the carrying item. No containers bigger than 24″X15″X18″ – So No Large Coolers Allowed
- Use Soft Sided Insulated Bags for water/juice and other snacks
- You don’t have to carry your food around with you all day, find a locker and store it till Lunch
- California Summer gets HOT! Make sure you use freezer pacs or other ice for any food that may spoil
- While there is picnic areas to eat at near the entrance, you can plop down anywhere to eat. Find a bench and enjoy
- Don’t pack any food that needs to be heated, unless you want to head back to your resort and well why are you packing if you’re returning to your room?
- It doesn’t have to be one meal only, or even lunch specifically. Eat lunch out at your favorite restaurant for less money and then eat your packed food for dinner
Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier both have small refrigerators in their rooms, as well as many Good Neighbor Hotels. So while it’s easier to have the kitchen or kitchenette in your room, you can still keep peanut butter and jelly jars available for lunch/dinner options. Grab a bag of bagels and cream cheese for breakfast and enjoy your day with some great Food Savings.
I hope this information helps you to find the perfect dining options for your Disneyland vacation. With so many choices to consider you can spend hours and hours researching. Take a break from that boring part and ask for free help from me. Travel Agents are a free service to guests and we are ready to plan your perfect vacation within your budget.
Let my friends at World of Magic Travel help you plan your next Magical Disney Vacation. Their services are 100% free with no cost to you. Who wouldn't want someone to do all the tedious trip planning and reservations for them? Just use the box in the top right of the page (or click here), and one of our Travel Magicians will be in touch with shortly. Remember everyone deserves a little magic when booking their vacation, and World of Magic Travel is here to help.