According to the OC Register two dozen passengers had to be removed from California Screamin Rollercoaster Friday afternoon due backpack that fell onto the track.
Here are the full details:
Firefighters removed two-dozen people from a rollercoaster at California Adventure after a backpack fell onto the track and stopped the ride Friday afternoon, Disney officials said. A backpack fell out of a “ride vehicle” on the California Screamin’ rollercoaster about 6:30 p.m., landing on the track and causing the other vehicles to automatically stop, Disney spokeswoman Suzi Brown said.
No injuries or collisions were reported.
About 24 people in one of the vehicles were stuck on the track. It took about an hour for firefighters to remove them one at a time by ladder, Brown said.
About 20 fire officials responded, including members of the Anaheim Fire Department’s urban search and rescue team and paramedics stationed at California Adventure.
Rescuers used a ground ladder to reach the riders, who were no more than 20 feet up at the bottom of a loop on the coaster, Anaheim Fire Marshal Jeff Lutz said. The backpack was removed from the track.
Click here to keep reading.
- Disneyland Refurbishment Schedule August 2011 (chipandco.com)
- Phineas and Ferb are Rockin’ and Rollin’ at Disney California Adventure Park (chipandco.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Be sure to check out our sister site Disney Addicts, where we feature all the best Disney Planning Tips and more! Or drop by our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook group where you can chat about your your home away from home... Disney!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.
Latest posts by Chip (see all)
- Disney Releases New Details and Concept art for Galaxy’s Edge from Star Wars Galactic Nights - December 16, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi World Premiere last night in L.A. - December 10, 2017
- Christian Louboutin Unveils Collaboration with Disney and Lucasfilm for Star Wars: The Last Jedi - December 7, 2017