According to the OC Register two dozen passengers had to be removed from California Screamin Rollercoaster Friday afternoon due backpack that fell onto the track.
Here are the full details:
Firefighters removed two-dozen people from a rollercoaster at California Adventure after a backpack fell onto the track and stopped the ride Friday afternoon, Disney officials said. A backpack fell out of a “ride vehicle” on the California Screamin’ rollercoaster about 6:30 p.m., landing on the track and causing the other vehicles to automatically stop, Disney spokeswoman Suzi Brown said.
No injuries or collisions were reported.
About 24 people in one of the vehicles were stuck on the track. It took about an hour for firefighters to remove them one at a time by ladder, Brown said.
About 20 fire officials responded, including members of the Anaheim Fire Department’s urban search and rescue team and paramedics stationed at California Adventure.
Rescuers used a ground ladder to reach the riders, who were no more than 20 feet up at the bottom of a loop on the coaster, Anaheim Fire Marshal Jeff Lutz said. The backpack was removed from the track.
Click here to keep reading.
- Disneyland Refurbishment Schedule August 2011 (chipandco.com)
- Phineas and Ferb are Rockin’ and Rollin’ at Disney California Adventure Park (chipandco.com)
Latest posts by Chip C (see all)
- Walt Disney World Swan And Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Returns With Even More To Enjoy - September 23, 2014
- Rock out to My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks this Saturday 9/27 - September 22, 2014
- Heading to Orlando? Try using Garden Grocer to have Groceries delivered to your room - September 19, 2014
Are you a Disney Addict? Stand up and be counted! Join our Facebook Group - You Might Be a Disney Addict or #ymbada for short. Share your love of Disney with other like minded individuals. If you have questions be sure to stop by our Disney Addict Website. Here you can ask Disney World, Disneyland or any other travel related question. There is no question too big or too small!