According to the OC Register two dozen passengers had to be removed from California Screamin Rollercoaster Friday afternoon due backpack that fell onto the track.
Here are the full details:
Firefighters removed two-dozen people from a rollercoaster at California Adventure after a backpack fell onto the track and stopped the ride Friday afternoon, Disney officials said. A backpack fell out of a “ride vehicle” on the California Screamin’ rollercoaster about 6:30 p.m., landing on the track and causing the other vehicles to automatically stop, Disney spokeswoman Suzi Brown said.
No injuries or collisions were reported.
About 24 people in one of the vehicles were stuck on the track. It took about an hour for firefighters to remove them one at a time by ladder, Brown said.
About 20 fire officials responded, including members of the Anaheim Fire Department’s urban search and rescue team and paramedics stationed at California Adventure.
Rescuers used a ground ladder to reach the riders, who were no more than 20 feet up at the bottom of a loop on the coaster, Anaheim Fire Marshal Jeff Lutz said. The backpack was removed from the track.
Click here to keep reading.
- Disneyland Refurbishment Schedule August 2011 (chipandco.com)
- Phineas and Ferb are Rockin’ and Rollin’ at Disney California Adventure Park (chipandco.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend on our website. If you purchase those items through my links I will sometimes earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to pay for my website, and continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!
Latest posts by Chip (see all)
- Is World of Disney in Disney Springs getting a character Meet & Greet location? - September 28, 2016
- Time is running out for high school students nationwide to be a part of the 2017 Disney Dreamers Academy - September 28, 2016
- Disney Performing Arts Takes its Music Workshop to North Carolina High School Students as part of the 2016 Grammy Music Educator Award - September 28, 2016