Here is this months Refurbishment and Closure Schedule for Walt Disney World for January 2013 and beyond. Refurbishment/closure information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to visiting. Updated information is available at the Disney World Website.
- Grand Floridian Spa (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through 12/16/12 due to construction at the resort. The Grand Floridian Fitness Center remains open and guests may use The Spa at Saratoga Springs Resort.
- Gasparilla Grill and Games (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through 12/17/12. An extended menu will be available at the Beach Pool Bar and pre-packaged food will be available at Mizner’s Lounge.
- Typhoon Lagoon closed through 1/5/13 for annual refurbishment.
- Ivy Trellis Beauty and Barber Shop (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through mid-February 2013 for refurbishment.
- Epcot Character Spot (Epcot) closed through mid-February 2013. A temporary location will be available near the Fountain View Ice Cream shop where you can see Mickey, Minnie and Pluto. Goofy is appearing at Epcot’s main entrance, near Spaceship Earth.
- Courtyard Pool (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through February 2013 for refurbishment. A zero-entry slope will be added. The Beach Pool and Slide will remain open.
- Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdom) closed 1/2/13-3/19/13 for refurbishment.
- BoardWalk Bakery (BoardWalk Resort) closed 1/2/13-4/12/13 for expansion. A coffee cart will be available on the BoardWalk during this time.
- Blizzard Beach closed 1/6/13-3/16/13 for annual refurbishment.
- Ol’ Man Island Pool Slide (Port Orleans Resort – Riverside) closed 1/7/13-2/1/13 for refurbishment. Pool will remain open.
- High Rock Spring Pool Slide (Saratoga Springs Resort) closed 1/7/13-2/8/13 for refurbishment. Pool will remain open.
- Mad Tea Party (Magic Kingdom) closed 1/7/13-2/18/13 for refurbishment.
- Uzima Springs Pool Slide (Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House) closed 1/14/13-2/8/13 for refurbishment. Pool will remain open.
- Bay Cove Pool Slide (Contemporary Resort) closed 1/15/13-2/8/13 for refurbishment. Pool will remain open.
- The Spa at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort closed 1/16/13-Summer 2013. Guests can use Senses – A Disney Spa at the Grand Floridian.
- Dig Site Pool Slide (Coronado Springs Resort) closed 1/17/13-2/1/13 for refurbishment. Pool will remain open.
- Beach Pool Slide (Grand Floridian Resort) closed 1/25/13-2/15/13 for refurbishment. Pool will remain open.
- Sandcastle Pool Slide (Old Key West Resort) closed 1/28/13-2/15/13 for refurbishment. Pool will remain open.
- Luna Park Pool (BoardWalk Resort) closed 1/28/13-3/1/13 for refurbishment. Guest may use other leisure pools.
- Liberty Square Riverboat (Magic Kingdom) closed 2/1/13-2/7/13 for refurbishment.
- California Grill (Contemporary Resort) closed 2/2/13-late Summer 2013 for refurbishment.
Source Mousesavers Newsletter
- Disney World Refurbishment Schedule December 2012 (chipandco.com)
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort Spa to Reopen Soon Under New Ownership…Disney Ownership That Is! (chipandco.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend on our website. If you purchase those items through my links I will sometimes earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to pay for my website, and continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!
Latest posts by Chip (see all)
- Riders evacuated from Splash Mountain in the Magic Kingdom - May 23, 2016
- First Look at Disney’s Live Action Beauty & the Beast Movie! - May 23, 2016
- Chewbacca Mom Live Video on Facebook is the most watched video ever! - May 21, 2016