Yes, there are quite a few things you can do while you are at Walt Disney World for free. Free is not generally a word associated with anything Disney but if you look, these things are there at no cost!! Here is a quick outline of ten things that run the gamut from FUN to USEFUL.
- Boat Ride From Downtown Disney To Port Orleans – If you look at the above picture you can see just how beautiful and serene this ride is It takes 20-25 minutes each way and the entire route looks much like this.
- Free Coca Cola Products - Club Cool is a cool (temperature) place to take a break from the heat and sample free Coca Cola products from around the world. Many of them are excellent but if you can con someone to try a drink called Beverly, have your camera ready for the reaction.
- Monorail Rides – Too often, the Monorail is looked at as transportation only. It’s actually a fun and relaxing way to pass some time. If you happen to be going to one of the Monorail Resorts, the Magic Kingdom, or Epcot it also meets your transportation needs – two for none so to speak.
- Entertainer Bob Jackson At Port Orleans Riverside – Bob Jackson provides music and comic antics for an evening of fun at the River Roost Lounge at Port Orleans Riverside. There is no cost for the entertainment but you may be inclined to have a beverage or two (drinks are not free – but you knew that).
- Music In The Grand Floridian Resort Lobby – Depending on the time of day and day of the week you can usually find either a talented pianist or a full dance orchestra playing in the lobby. This is a marvelous way to relax and unwind.
- Electrical Water Pageant – This happens nightly on the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. It is a group of lighted and decorated barges with accompanying music that passes by the Polynesian at around 9:00 PM and works its way past the Grand Floridian and then over to Bay Lake where it passes the Wilderness Lodge and ends up passing Fort Wilderness at approximately 9:45 PM. Very neat!! You can view them from the nearest beach or dock.
- Free Character Photo For Disney Visa Cardholders – In the Innoventions West building between 1:30 and 4:30 PM daily you can have a meet and greet and get a free 5×7 picture if you are a Disney Visa cardholder. Just show your card to get into the meet and greet.
- Storytelling At The Animal Kingdom Lodge - Each evening at the firepit at Arusha Rock outside the lobby, there is a storyteller who spins tales of Africa. If it’s rainy, they move the whole thing inside to the indoor firepit. Check with the Cast Members at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for the exact time because it varies by season.
- Free Entertainment On The Boardwalk – There are roving entertainers of all types each night on the Boardwalk. They are all free for your enjoyment and generally begin their performances at around 6:00 or 6:30 and go until 10:00 or 10:30 (people staying at the Boardwalk Inn have to sleep you know).
- Free Package Delivery To Your Resort - Items purchased while touring can be delivered to your resort for free. Just tell the cashier that you want them to go to the resort before they begin ringing your order. They say to allow 24 hours but I generally allow two days if you are leaving soon.
There you go!! So now you know that there are at least 10 free things at Walt Disney World. There are actually a lot more but 10 is a good starting point! As always, enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World!!
- Resort Hopping – Taking the Monorail Express (chipandco.com)
- The Best Things in the “World” are Free (chipandco.com)
Let my friends at World of Magic Travel help you plan your next Magical Disney Vacation. Their services are 100% free with no cost to you. Who wouldn't want someone to do all the tedious trip planning and reservations for them? Just use the box in the top right of the page (or click here), and one of our Travel Magicians will be in touch with shortly. Remember everyone deserves a little magic when booking their vacation, and World of Magic Travel is here to help.
Latest posts by Ken (see all)
- Oldies But Goodies – Seniors And The Walt Disney World Attractions - May 9, 2014
- Disney World Quick Tips – Should You Use A Travel Agent? - January 15, 2014
- Disney World Quick Tips – Advanced Dining Reservation Tips - March 9, 2012