The state of Florida has released the third quarter guest injury report for it’s theme parks, including Walt Disney World. The Disney World guest injury report shows that at least two people were injured when they fell entering rides and had fractures that lead to hospitalization according to the report that spans July, August and September of 2017.
Other incidents with injury at The Walt Disney World Resort from the third quarter include:
- A 58-year old woman fell boarding a raft at Teamboat Springs, at Disney’s Blizzard Beach and fractured her back on September 26th.
- Also at Blizzard Beach a 45-year old woman fractured her arm on the Downhill Double Dipper, a water slide at at Blizzard Beach on July 27th.
- On September 27th a 48-year old woman fell boarding a ride vehicle at Magic Kingdom’s Space Mountain, lost consciousness and fractured her leg.
For more information, include incident reports from other Florida Theme Parks, you can find the original Orlando Sentinel article here.
Every quarter theme parks in Florida disclose any ride-related injuries or illness to the state that required an immediate hospitalization of more than 24 hours. This is part of a deal made by the theme parks to avoid state inspection.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Be sure to check out our sister site Disney Addicts, where we feature all the best Disney Planning Tips and more! Or drop by our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook group where you can chat about your your home away from home... Disney!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.
Latest posts by Alissa (see all)
- Check Out These Festive Holiday Cocktails Available At The Disney Parks - November 20, 2017
- This Secret Menu Peppermint Churro At Disneyland Is Perfect For The Holiday Season - November 19, 2017
- Disneyland’s Eggnog Macaron Will Get You In The Holiday Spirit - November 19, 2017