Disney VoluntEARS Make a Huge Difference
Being a Disney VoluntEAR can include many rewarding experiences. One of the highlights of the program is Mickey, Minnie and VoluntEARS visiting children in hospitals. You can imagine the children’s happiness when they see some of their favorite characters come through that door holding presents for everyone!
Disney also extends these visits and their support by donating toys, DVDs, books, sleepwear and other items to hospitals each year. This year over 600 hospitals received a care package from Disney.
Delivering care packages to hospitals has been something Disney has been doing for the past ten years. They also partner with Child Life Council who helps steer them towards products that are needed and desired the most by children in hospitals.
It is tough to be a sick kid and who better than to help cheer you up than some Disney love! Have any of you taken advantage of the Disney VoluntEAR program? How was it?
Whether Tara is helping people make a memory with a trip to Disney (or anywhere else for that matter) or she is helping to write all the news and gossip to keep you in the know! She also has a brand new facebook page for even more tidbits on Disney and travel, so visit her at Magical Memories and the Mouse.
- Disney VoluntEARS event Paws in the Park is a ‘paw-some’ success (chipandco.com)
- VoluntEARS from Disney Team Up to Clean Up (chipandco.com)
- Disney Imagineers Put Their Creativity to Work at Second Harvest Food Bank (chipandco.com)
- Disney is Sharing the Magic (chipandco.com)
- Top 10 Best Disney Feelings (chipandco.com)