The Happiest Place on Earth just gets merrier this holiday season with the newest celebration at the Disneyland Resort, Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Guests will enjoy this festive holiday presentation Nov. 15 2013 through Jan. 6, 2014 in Disney California Adventure Park.
“Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” is a merry celebration inspired by the warmth and joyous spirit of the Latino culture, filled with holiday traditions, jubilant dancing and exciting music. Based in and around the Paradise Garden area of Disney California Adventure, the special activities include crafts and face-painting for children, live Latino music, dance lessons, holiday foods, the “Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party” and, of course, appearances by some popular Disney characters.
- At the Paradise Garden bandstand, guests may enjoy performances by traditional Mariachi, Norteño, and other regional music groups. Also at Paradise Garden, community music and folklorico troupes will perform throughout the day.
- “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” guests will find opportunities to enjoy fun arts and crafts, storytelling and face-painting, and they may also discover a selection of unique merchandise in the area.
- Dining locations in Paradise Garden add an array of popular Mexican food options. Menus will feature Mexican dishes that are often served for the holidays, such as pozole (hearty stew), chicken mole drumettes, pescado (fish) Veracruzano, champurrado (Mexican-style hot chocolate), sweet tamales, torta al pastor (pork sandwich), buñuelos (deep-fried sweet treat) and choco flan.
- The grand finale of “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” will be the special celebration of Three Kings Day (Dia de los Reyes) Jan. 3 through 6, 2014 in Paradise Garden. Holiday treats will include traditional Rosca de Reyes bread.
“Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” adds a magical, new touch to the traditional holiday entertainment at the Disneyland Resort. Guests also enjoy “A Christmas Fantasy” parade, nightly fireworks and snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A., at Disneyland, along with holiday music, décor and characters in holiday attire throughout the resort. At Disney California Adventure, even Mater dons a red hat to meet guests inside the festively decorated Cars Land.
Also new this year, “World of Color - Winter Dreams” brings to life the spirit of the season in a wondrous, all-new nighttime presentation of this water spectacular. The show dazzles the senses with stirring holiday music, amazing special effects and special appearances by some of the most beloved Disney Characters, beginning Nov. 15 at Disney California Adventure.
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Latest posts by Maria (see all)
- The ‘Frozen’ Fun will Continue at Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post at Hollywood Studios - October 22, 2014
- Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid will Close for Refurbishment - October 21, 2014
- New Marriott Hotels Coming to Disney’s Flamingo Crossing - October 11, 2014
Are you a Disney Addict? Stand up and be counted! Join our Facebook Group - You Might Be a Disney Addict or #ymbada for short. Share your love of Disney with other like minded individuals. If you have questions be sure to stop by our Disney Addict Website. Here you can ask Disney World, Disneyland or any other travel related question. There is no question too big or too small!