The Happiest Place on Earth just gets merrier this holiday season with the newest celebration at the Disneyland Resort, Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Guests will enjoy this festive holiday presentation Nov. 15 2013 through Jan. 6, 2014 in Disney California Adventure Park.
“Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” is a merry celebration inspired by the warmth and joyous spirit of the Latino culture, filled with holiday traditions, jubilant dancing and exciting music. Based in and around the Paradise Garden area of Disney California Adventure, the special activities include crafts and face-painting for children, live Latino music, dance lessons, holiday foods, the “Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party” and, of course, appearances by some popular Disney characters.
- At the Paradise Garden bandstand, guests may enjoy performances by traditional Mariachi, Norteño, and other regional music groups. Also at Paradise Garden, community music and folklorico troupes will perform throughout the day.
- “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” guests will find opportunities to enjoy fun arts and crafts, storytelling and face-painting, and they may also discover a selection of unique merchandise in the area.
- Dining locations in Paradise Garden add an array of popular Mexican food options. Menus will feature Mexican dishes that are often served for the holidays, such as pozole (hearty stew), chicken mole drumettes, pescado (fish) Veracruzano, champurrado (Mexican-style hot chocolate), sweet tamales, torta al pastor (pork sandwich), buñuelos (deep-fried sweet treat) and choco flan.
- The grand finale of “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” will be the special celebration of Three Kings Day (Dia de los Reyes) Jan. 3 through 6, 2014 in Paradise Garden. Holiday treats will include traditional Rosca de Reyes bread.
“Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” adds a magical, new touch to the traditional holiday entertainment at the Disneyland Resort. Guests also enjoy “A Christmas Fantasy” parade, nightly fireworks and snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A., at Disneyland, along with holiday music, décor and characters in holiday attire throughout the resort. At Disney California Adventure, even Mater dons a red hat to meet guests inside the festively decorated Cars Land.
Also new this year, “World of Color - Winter Dreams” brings to life the spirit of the season in a wondrous, all-new nighttime presentation of this water spectacular. The show dazzles the senses with stirring holiday music, amazing special effects and special appearances by some of the most beloved Disney Characters, beginning Nov. 15 at Disney California Adventure.
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store! Also don't forget to visit some of our other sites - Disney Addicts where we answer your Disney Questions, the Disney Fashionista is serving up the best in Disney Travel, Fashion, Makeup and More on her site, finally be sure to check out our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook Group.
Latest posts by Maria (see all)
- DisneyQuest Will be Closing to Make Room for The NBA Experience at Walt Disney World Resort - June 30, 2015
- Magic of Disney Animation will Close Soon - June 30, 2015
- Disneyland Resort Generates $5.7 Billion for the California Economy - June 29, 2015