Disney star Adam Irigoyen of the show “Shake it Up” came to Camp Pendleton to read stories to kids on Saturday. Irigoyen took turns reading with base commanding general, Brig. Gen. Vincent A. Coglianese.
The nonprofit Blue Star Families donated books to the base’s libraries and child development centers. Disney is slated to distribute 30,000 books to military children all over the country through the program that supports literacy.
Blue Star Families started the program a few years ago with Kids in Distressed Situations aka KIDS at an event near Fort Bragg, NC
Camp Pendleton was the first stop on a Disney tour bringing different celebrities and books to military children at bases across the country as part of Blue Star Families’ Books on Bases program.
- Planning 101: Stocking up for Birthday and Holiday Gifts at Disney (chipandco.com)
- Walt Disney World Resort Turns Up the Romance During “True Love” Week All Part of Limited Time Magic (chipandco.com)
Be sure to check out our sister site Disney Addicts, where we feature all the best Disney Planning Tips and more! Or drop by our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook group where you can chat about your your home away from home... Disney!
Latest posts by Chip and Co Guest Blogger (see all)
- Episode VII Fans Celebrate Rey Day 2016 at Disneyland Park - January 27, 2016
- 10 Disney Souvenirs You’ll Be Glad You Bought - December 30, 2015
- Walt in Walt’s Disneyland Footsteps Tour Review - September 4, 2015