Disney star Adam Irigoyen of the show “Shake it Up” came to Camp Pendleton to read stories to kids on Saturday. Irigoyen took turns reading with base commanding general, Brig. Gen. Vincent A. Coglianese.
The nonprofit Blue Star Families donated books to the base’s libraries and child development centers. Disney is slated to distribute 30,000 books to military children all over the country through the program that supports literacy.
Blue Star Families started the program a few years ago with Kids in Distressed Situations aka KIDS at an event near Fort Bragg, NC
Camp Pendleton was the first stop on a Disney tour bringing different celebrities and books to military children at bases across the country as part of Blue Star Families’ Books on Bases program.
- Planning 101: Stocking up for Birthday and Holiday Gifts at Disney (chipandco.com)
- Walt Disney World Resort Turns Up the Romance During “True Love” Week All Part of Limited Time Magic (chipandco.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store! Also don't forget to visit some of our other sites - Disney Addicts where we answer your Disney Questions, the Disney Fashionista is serving up the best in Disney Travel, Fashion, Makeup and More on her site, finally be sure to check out our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook Group.
Latest posts by Chip and Co Guest Blogger (see all)
- The Mystery of the “Teddy Bear Lady” at the Grand Floridian Resort - December 30, 2014
- Saving Money on Your Disney Vacation…Using Gift Cards! - September 13, 2014
- 5 Easy Tips to Help You Start Planning a Magical Walt Disney World Vacation - September 12, 2014