You can’t go to Walt Disney World without buying souvenirs! This is true on so many levels….you want to remember your trip with something special, many items are ONLY found in Disney Parks, and we all agree that Disney has marketing down to a science. So, how do you decide what to buy? What’s worth it? What is something unique? Let me share with you Five Tips for Shopping for Souvenirs at the Disney Parks.
- Before you leave, buy Disney gift cards so you can set a limit. When we travel, we often buy each of our children a $50 gift card, and then one of a slightly larger amount for us parents to use. This is beneficial because then you have an idea of how much you’re spending AND in many cases you’ll get fuel discounts if you buy the gift cards at the grocery :).
- When at Disney, and you find a souvenir you REALLY want, buy it. Or, make a note of it on your phone or somewhere so you can come back and get it later. Many times, what you see is probably unique to that park. There’s a decent chance you won’t come across it later.
- Take advantage of delivery to your room. More than likely, you are shopping on Main Street, U.S.A. as a break from your touring, or as you enter the park. You don’t want to leave your packages with your stroller, nor do you want to carry them around all day. So, let Disney bring them to your resort for you. Package delivery is available for guests staying in a Disney resort. They’ll either bring it directly to your room, or you will pick it up at the gift shop or Concierge desk at your resort.
- Keep an eye out for resort specific merchandise. If you are looking for a shirt, pen, or perhaps even a picture frame to show the resort you stayed at, you’ll find it at that resort.
- When shopping for souvenirs, many times I try to shop for quality or “keepsake appeal”. Is it something I’ll have forever? Sometimes that means spending a little more money….but I’d rather that, than buy a super cheap item only to have it break and my children be disappointed.
Do you shop for souvenirs at Disney? If so, what tips to you have?
- Changes coming to Walt Disney World in 2013 and beyond (chipandco.com)
- Get Disney Souvenirs at Marketplace Fun Finds (chipandco.com)
Let my friends at World of Magic Travel help you plan your next Magical Disney Vacation. Their services are 100% free with no cost to you. Who wouldn't want someone to do all the tedious trip planning and reservations for them? Just use the box in the top right of the page (or click here), and one of our Travel Magicians will be in touch with shortly. Remember everyone deserves a little magic when booking their vacation, and World of Magic Travel is here to help.
Latest posts by Carrie (see all)
- Disney Lingo – Do You Speak It? - January 15, 2015
- 10 Adult Only Must Dos at Walt Disney World - December 29, 2014
- Around the Universe-Exciting New Happenings at Universal Orlando Resort - July 16, 2014