If you are anything like me the answer is a resounding NO! In fact I don’t need any more credit cards! That doesn’t stop every credit card company on earth from sending me a pre-approved credit application once a week. Even Disney Visa (aka Chase Card Services) was relentless. The photo of Mickey on the card, designed to draw any Disney Addict in. Oh wait, I can choose from multiple designs? I can even pick a Tinkerbell card! Nope, don’t need it. They can’t make me, I’ve paid off all my cards. I will not repeat the mistakes of my early 20’s.
I remained firm for a year. Shredding every application that came. Mickey’s smiling face cut into a thousand pieces. UNTIL…What? A $200 Disney gift card if I sign up? How did they know I had a trip planned in 3 months? That will come in handy for sure. I will use it towards my trip. That did it, I was done. Magic words…Disney Gift Card. Now I had to open the envelope and see what was involved. Within a few minutes I had my card design picked out (Where Dreams Come True) and the card was on its way. My husband won’t care, at least it’s not the Tink card. I’ll get rid of the Gymboree card, that’s the plan.
Why did I give in? The Disney Visa has great perks and no annual fee. Here’s the scoop:
- You earn 1% of your purchase totals back in Disney Dollars. Basically you turn them back into a Disney Gift Card to use at Disney Parks, The Disney Store or Disneystore.com. You can also redeem your Disney Dollars for Disney Movie tickets, DVD’s and more.
- 10% off all purchases over $50 at Disney Parks, Disney Store and Disneystore.com. There are some exclusions, especially at Downtown Disney.
- Special Park Perks at Disney World and Disneyland include a private character meet and greet, free 5 x 7 photo from your PhotoPass card, and 20% off some guided tours. Disneyland takes it a step further and offers 10% off certain dining locations. They also offer 10% discount in some of their Downtown Disney District shops and dining. This includes Alamo Rental Car.
- Exclusive card member perks like PhotoPass coupons, Free Dining, Resort Packages and more. They change often, so keep an eye out. Always 0% financing on your vacation.
- Also available is a premier card with 2% earning On some purchases like gas and groceries. 1% on everything else. There is however a $49 annual fee. They do have more card designs available as well.
How did we use our card?
- First I made a initial purchase in order to send the $200 Disney Gift Card my way.
- I then credited the money toward my balance due on my upcoming trip. You could always save for some guilt free shopping at home or at the parks.
- I used my Disney Visa to pay for the trip. Please note, I paid off the card at the first statement to avoid interest.
- Then as my trip neared I applied online for my Rewards Gift Card. Which I turned around and spent on souvenirs at Disney World.
MickeyMom Disclaimer: I don’t work for Visa. I don’t get anything if I’ve convinced you to get a Disney Visa. Just because the voice in my head told me to get one, it doesn’t mean you should. If you are in financial trouble, do not get another credit card. Do not buy a ton of stuff just to get Disney Dollars. Do not blame me if you overspend. Blame Disney Merchandising.
- Everything You Wanted to know about Disney’s PhotoPass Service (chipandco.com)
- Free Dining Begins- Disney Visa Holders First! (chipandco.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store! Also don't forget to visit some of our other sites - Disney Addicts where we answer your Disney Questions, the Disney Fashionista is serving up the best in Disney Travel, Fashion, Makeup and More on her site, finally be sure to check out our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook Group.