Are Disney Value Resorts right for you?
When planning a Disney vacation on a budget you have to ask yourself one question… Are Disney Value Resorts right for you?
For me the answer for me would be a definite yes. I know some people hear the term “Value” and think cheap and not well-kept but that could not be farther from the truth. Value resorts are well a great Value, especially judging by Disney prices. Value Resorts are very well themed and very well-kept. Now there are some that are better than others, just like everything else.
The original Value Resorts are the All Star Resorts.
- There is All Star Movies which is adorable and has some very cool themes from your favorite Disney Movies. My personal favorite is the Toy Story Building the huge statues outside are the best. F.Y.I the Toy Story building is also a preferred building, which means that it is closer to the Lobby.
- Next is All Star Music. Which has some very large music notes outside. It also is themed very well, featuring some well-known music icons from your favorite Disney Movies.
- Last but not Least in the All Star line up we have All Star Sports. I am not a big sports fan so this resort is not my cup of tea. It is also themed very well. Outside you will find giant footballs, Baseballs, Soccer balls etc.
Chip’s Tips: All of the All Star resorts share a bus. Pop Century and Art of Animation have their own dedicated bus. That may not be a big deal going to the parks, depending on what time you go. The bigger issue with bus sharing is going back to your resort at night. You could be in for a long wait and once you get on the bus you could be standing and I am not a fan of that.
- On to the Pop Century Resort which is my personal favorite but I have feeling that will change when I stay at Art of Animation Resort early next year. The layout is great, the theme is great. Pop Century features some great iconic things throughout Pop culture that is bound to bring back some memories. Tip after you check in be sure to take a stroll along the back wall and it will be like a trip down memory lane. I love seeing all the 80′s things from my childhood that brought back so many great memories.
Chip’s Tips: If you go to the Pop Century I highly recommend that you try the Tye-Dye Cheesecake.
- Last but certainly not least is the new amazing Art of Animation Resort. This resort has the best theming by far. The courtyards are incredible and you definitely feel like you are a part of the movie. The attention to detail is incredible. They have standard rooms as well as suites. The suites are reasonably priced, by Disney standards. I cannot wait to stay there early next year. Even if you don’t stay there I recommend you go and check it out.
I have only ever stayed at Value Resorts. I know some people may be put off by the term ” Value” but don’t be after all its Disney and when they do something they go all out. Will you get a bigger room or some more amenities in a higher priced resort, of course but how much time are you spending in your room anyway?
The last thing I want to at Disney World is sit in a room. I think it’s awesome that Disney has value resorts because there are many people who would not be able to afford a Disney vacation without them.
So do you do the Disney Value Happy Dance? Or do you go Moderate or Deluxe? Let me know in the comment box below.
Sunshine is a self proclaimed Disney fanatic. I love being a mom and all things Disney. I hope to live in the castle at the Magic Kingdom one day. I live close to WDW and go as much as I can.