Have you heard about the new “Rapid Fill” mugs that might be coming to the Disney World Resorts? I heard about the RFID testing that went on not that long ago, but I didn’t think it was really popular. I guess I thought wrong because it seems as early as this month Disney is bringing in “Rapid Fill” mug to the All Star Resorts.
The new Rapid Fill mugs have an (RFID) chip installed in the mug that allows it to be programmed for multiple days, all the way through Guests’ entire length of stay (even more than 14 days, but they have to be consecutive). Mugs will allow Guests to refill beverages at any resort self-service beverage station. Guests also will be able to check their remaining days available on the fountain beverage dispenser’s LCD communication display.
Here are some things I heard about the program:
- You can purchase a “Rapid Fill” Mug even if you are not on the dining plan.
- You can use the mugs at any resort self-serve beverage location.
- You can not use past mugs for future visits.
- You can use the mug for 14 consecutive days. You can extend the mug beyond that as long as the days are consistent and within your current stay.
- You may be able to add a water park option to your mug in the future.
- Rapid Fill mugs may only be purchased at Walt Disney World Resort hotels with self-service beverage stations.
- The Rapid Fill mugs will be the only refillable mugs available at this time. You may choose to purchase a non-refillable paper cup if you like.
- You will be able to get ice and water with any cup.
The prices of the mugs vary based on number of days for refills, as follows:
- $8.99 for 1 day
- $11.99 for 2 days
- $14.99 for 3 days
- $17.99 for length of stay (4+ days)
I am not happy about this but I can understand why they are doing it. What are your thoughts?
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Let my friends at World of Magic Travel help you plan your next Magical Disney Vacation. Their services are 100% free with no cost to you. Who wouldn't want someone to do all the tedious trip planning and reservations for them? Just use the box in the top right of the page (or click here), and one of our Travel Magicians will be in touch with shortly. Remember everyone deserves a little magic when booking their vacation, and World of Magic Travel is here to help.
Latest posts by Maria (see all)
- Check Out Disney.com for Some Christmas Cheer - December 19, 2014
- “Frozen” Will Takeover the Annual Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade - December 18, 2014
- Donald’s Safari Dinner Coming to Tusker House in Disney’s Animal Kingdom - December 17, 2014