Have you heard about the new “Rapid Fill” mugs that might be coming to the Disney World Resorts? I heard about the RFID testing that went on not that long ago, but I didn’t think it was really popular. I guess I thought wrong because it seems as early as this month Disney is bringing in “Rapid Fill” mug to the All Star Resorts.
The new Rapid Fill mugs have an (RFID) chip installed in the mug that allows it to be programmed for multiple days, all the way through Guests’ entire length of stay (even more than 14 days, but they have to be consecutive). Mugs will allow Guests to refill beverages at any resort self-service beverage station. Guests also will be able to check their remaining days available on the fountain beverage dispenser’s LCD communication display.
Here are some things I heard about the program:
- You can purchase a “Rapid Fill” Mug even if you are not on the dining plan.
- You can use the mugs at any resort self-serve beverage location.
- You can not use past mugs for future visits.
- You can use the mug for 14 consecutive days. You can extend the mug beyond that as long as the days are consistent and within your current stay.
- You may be able to add a water park option to your mug in the future.
- Rapid Fill mugs may only be purchased at Walt Disney World Resort hotels with self-service beverage stations.
- The Rapid Fill mugs will be the only refillable mugs available at this time. You may choose to purchase a non-refillable paper cup if you like.
- You will be able to get ice and water with any cup.
The prices of the mugs vary based on number of days for refills, as follows:
- $8.99 for 1 day
- $11.99 for 2 days
- $14.99 for 3 days
- $17.99 for length of stay (4+ days)
I am not happy about this but I can understand why they are doing it. What are your thoughts?
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Latest posts by Maria (see all)
- You Can be the First to Get Disney Infinity 2.0 at Once Upon a Toy at Downtown Disney - October 31, 2014
- Check Out the New ‘Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It’ Parade at the Magic Kingdom - October 30, 2014
- Two New Amazing New Dining Experiences are Coming to the New Disney Springs - October 28, 2014
Are you a Disney Addict? Stand up and be counted! Join our Facebook Group - You Might Be a Disney Addict or #ymbada for short. Share your love of Disney with other like minded individuals. If you have questions be sure to stop by our Disney Addict Website. Here you can ask Disney World, Disneyland or any other travel related question. There is no question too big or too small!