Have you heard about the new “Rapid Fill” mugs that might be coming to the Disney World Resorts? I heard about the RFID testing that went on not that long ago, but I didn’t think it was really popular. I guess I thought wrong because it seems as early as this month Disney is bringing in “Rapid Fill” mug to the All Star Resorts.
The new Rapid Fill mugs have an (RFID) chip installed in the mug that allows it to be programmed for multiple days, all the way through Guests’ entire length of stay (even more than 14 days, but they have to be consecutive). Mugs will allow Guests to refill beverages at any resort self-service beverage station. Guests also will be able to check their remaining days available on the fountain beverage dispenser’s LCD communication display.
Here are some things I heard about the program:
- You can purchase a “Rapid Fill” Mug even if you are not on the dining plan.
- You can use the mugs at any resort self-serve beverage location.
- You can not use past mugs for future visits.
- You can use the mug for 14 consecutive days. You can extend the mug beyond that as long as the days are consistent and within your current stay.
- You may be able to add a water park option to your mug in the future.
- Rapid Fill mugs may only be purchased at Walt Disney World Resort hotels with self-service beverage stations.
- The Rapid Fill mugs will be the only refillable mugs available at this time. You may choose to purchase a non-refillable paper cup if you like.
- You will be able to get ice and water with any cup.
The prices of the mugs vary based on number of days for refills, as follows:
- $8.99 for 1 day
- $11.99 for 2 days
- $14.99 for 3 days
- $17.99 for length of stay (4+ days)
I am not happy about this but I can understand why they are doing it. What are your thoughts?
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store! Also don't forget to visit some of our other sites - Disney Addicts where we answer your Disney Questions, the Disney Fashionista is serving up the best in Disney Travel, Fashion, Makeup and More on her site, finally be sure to check out our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook Group.
Latest posts by Maria (see all)
- Disney Celebrates 60 Years of Innovation at the D23 Expo 2015 - July 27, 2015
- The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights will be Back This Year - July 26, 2015
- United World Soccer Open in a New Location at Disney Springs - July 26, 2015