“The rain, rain, rain came down, down, down
In rushing, rising riv’lets,
‘Til the river crept out of it’s bed
And crept right into Piglet’s!”
–Winnie the Pooh & The Blustery Day
Did you know that the climate for Central Florida is a sub tropical climate? What does that mean in layman’s terms? It means that there is a defined rainy season in Central Florida from June till September. This means that there is a chance of rain most days during the rainy season. Most days start off sunny with the heat of the day creating rain in the afternoons. But wait, that is when most of us can go to Disney, during summer break.
So should we not plan trips for Disney in the summer months? The answer to that is NO!
There are so many ways to enjoy Disney rain or shine! For our family, some of the best Disney memories were created wearing rain ponchos and riding rides over and over due to low crowds due to rain!
Here are some tips and advice to enjoy the parks during the rainy season.
- As mentioned above, bring rain ponchos and have them with you at all times! I love the ones that are sold at the parks. They are light weight and pack easily plus they have the Disney logo on them. The Disney adult rain ponchos also fit over of most strollers.
- We wear flip flops when doing the parks. This also makes it easier on the feet when it rains. No wet socks! But if you are a person who has to wear a type of shoe that requires socks, make sure to bring an extra pair of socks to change into.
- A great thing about most of the Disney rides is that the queue areas are covered or indoors! Plus Disney has created interactive queues in a lot rides so if it’s raining outside, the odds are that you will be covered while waiting to ride a ride and you will be entertained while waiting.
- If it’s raining take this time to shop and eat a snack! All the parks have plenty of indoor shopping and restaurants!
- One thing I love about Disney World attractions is that a majority of them are indoors attractions so they are not affected by weather.
Here are a few examples of attractions that are not affected by rain:
- Haunted Mansion
- Tower Of Terror
- Rock N Roller Coaster
- Living with the Land
- Splash Mountain
- Buzz Lightyear
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Mission Space
- Space Mountain
- Toy Story Mania
So as you can see even in rainy season, there are lots of attractions that can still be enjoyed! With a little planning and a little patience, visiting Disney World during the rainy season can still be very enjoyable!
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.