Ask a Disney Question – Rental Cars Locations and Agencies at WDW
Today’s question comes from Michelle:
You are in luck! Renting a car while staying at Walt Disney World is really fairly easy! Most cities keep all of their rental car companies at the airport, and while MCO does play home to the majority of rental car companies (with over a dozen located off-airport property with shuttle service), there are also convenient locations located on WDW property as well.
FYI – located at one of the terminals at MCO are:
- Advantage Rent a Car
- Dollar Car Rental
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- E-Z Rent a Car
- Hertz Car Rental
- L and M Car Rental
Luckily, a few of these same companies can be found at Walt Disney World - I would call ahead to double check, but you should be able to pick up a car staying on property and drop it off at the airport terminal!
Alamo and National have several locations on property:
- Walt Disney World Car Care Center (407) 824-3470 – they have free shuttle service to pick you up at your resort and take you to get your car
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
- Shades of Green for military personnel only
- National only has a location at the Buena Vista Palace near Downtown Disney
Avis has a location at the Hilton in the WDW Resort, near Downtown Disney
Budget has a location at the Doubletree Suites by Hilton in the WDW Resort
Dollar has a location at Wyndham Lake Buena Vista near Downtown Disney
Enterprise has a location at the Royal Plaza in the WDW Resort
If you’re planning to arrive via train, the Orlando Amtrak Train Station (ORL) has a Hertz counter with a limited hours – if necessary to transfer to MCO to pick up car, they will reimburse up to $25 in taxi fees.
- The Avengers Monorail Debuts At Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)
- Military Perspective – No Shades of Green for Me (chipandco.com)