Disney PIXEL’D App Now Available!
Disney Interactive launched Disney PIXEL’D on the App Store today (http://itunes.com/apps/pixeld
“In keeping with Disney’s rich tradition of storytelling, the Disney PIXEL’D app allows Guests to create their own Disney stories through pixel art,” said Mark L. Walker, Senior Vice President, Disney Interactive Entertainment. “And now our users can create and share this uniquely Disney experience wherever they are through their mobile devices.”
Designed for all ages and abilities, Disney PIXEL’D artists can use their imagination to make original images or use Disney character stamps and fill patterns to complement their scenes. Artists can share their work with friends and family on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and YouTube or through email. A Buddy Draw feature allows multiple friends to connect via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to draw together in real-time.
PIXEL’D Key Features:
· 3 drawing layers on the canvas
· 20 frames for creating animations
· Shape tools that make drawing even easier with fully adjustable squares, circles, triangles, and more
· Dozens of free stamps and fill patterns feature a wide range of beloved Disney characters and themes, including Disney Princess, Bolt, Mickey and Friends, Cars and Vintage Mickey
· In-app purchase options let artists buy expanded sets of Disney character stamps and fill patterns
· Buddy Draw lets multiple artists connect via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to draw together in real-time
· Artists can easily share their work via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, email or the camera roll
· iCloud sync keeps artist’s galleries up-to-date across all iOS devices
· Disney PIXEL’D website is available for online support, tutorial videos and inspirational fan art at http://disney.com/pixeld
A video of the Disney PIXEL’D experience can be viewed at: http://youtu.be/FMPPOTZRc0U
Disney PIXEL’D was inspired by Create on Disney.com, a popular online creativity destination and artists community. Create featurespowerful creativity tools that empower guests to make digital paintings, comic books, animated pets and videos. Create offers more than 90 different themed projects to choose from, many that utilize a rich library of Disney character art and graphics, such as the Toy Story Comic Creator, Miss Piggy Digital Painter, Avenger Motion Comic Creator and the Phineas and Ferb Robotinator, among others. Guests can also utilize Create as a blank canvas to create their own original art, characters and stories. In June 2012 alone, there were more than 6.7 million art views on Create on Disney.com and 1.4 million monthly unique visitors.
- Five Things EVERY Adult has the Right to do at Disney World! (chipandco.com)
- Disney to reduce evening park hours for hotel guests (chipandco.com)