I’m sure most of you know that Home Depot used to carry Disney paint. Everyone loved the little Mickey heads with sample paint colors and they were great for DIY Disney crafts and projects. Disney has a new partnership now to give all of you Disney fans, Disney paint again! You can add that touch of Disney magic in your homes and kids’ rooms again with Disney paint by Glidden.
Disney and Glidden have partnered to bring you a new line of Disney paint. Most parents want the paint color of their child’s room to match the bedding and decor and this is a great way to help make that available! This paint was made to be easy to use and also designed with children in mind.
“The Disney Paint line is a magical collection of 112 exclusive colors grouped into three palettes, with imaginative Disney-themed names, designed to give parents and children options at every stage, from infant to tween,” said Jason Stewart, director of softlines product development for Disney Consumer Products. “This makes decorating with your child easy and fun – no matter the age.”
The new Disney Paint collections include:
- Colors to Begin With: These soft, subtle, soothing shades are perfect for creating a restful, relaxing nursery area for babies. Paint colors include timeless colors from Winnie the Pooh and other classic Disney stories, such as “Eeyore’s Rain Cloud” and “Blushing Piglet,” which coordinate with Winnie the Pooh infant bedding.
- Colors with Character: This collection includes six colorful palettes inspired by some of Disney’s most cherished characters and their worlds, including Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Disney Princess characters, Disney Fairies, Disney Pixar’s Cars and Monsters University. Each palette has 10 colors pulled from the character’s unique world, such as “Cinderella’s Ball Gown” and “Sulley’s Fur,” which are designed to complement Disney bedding and room accessories available at Walmart stores or online. This makes it even simpler to create a magical and personalized space for kids.
- Colors with Kick: These bold, vibrant colors, such as “Under the Hood” and “Glam Cam,” are ideal for tweens and teens looking to create an imaginative, personalized space whether it’s a fashionista’s color infused bedroom or a half pipe inspired space for a daring skater.
“The ultra-durable formula of Disney Paint is perfect for kids’ spaces because scuffs, crayon and pencil marks, little finger prints, and tough stains, such as grape juice, wash off easily without removing the color,” said Aimee Lawlor, director of innovation for PPG Architectural Coatings, the parent company of Glidden paint. “Moms and dads can easily and affordably bring the world of Disney into their families’ world by adding Disney Paint to the walls to achieve an exciting new look, or by adding a simple accent that sparkles, gleams, glows or turns walls into a chalkboard with one of the five new innovative and unique specialty finishes.”
The Disney Paint collection also offers five specialty finishes including:
- All That Glitters: Add a pop of princess glam by using this clear, ready-to-use top coat that provides a shimmering glitter finish that can be applied over any painted surface.
- Great Slate: Previously chalkboard paints were only available in black, but this chalkboard paint is available in ready-to-use black or can be mixed to a variety of colors from blue and green to orange and red.
- Speck-Tacular: Now any bedroom can be a cause for celebration with this clear, ready-to-use top coat that provides a sparkling confetti finish when applied over any painted surface.
- Ready, Set, Glow!: Apply this translucent yellow, ready-to-use paint to make any surface glow in the dark and change a room into a celestial experience or a fairies’ forest.
- Magnificent Metallic: Ignite any space with this metallic specialty finish paint that is available in ready-to-use gold or can be mixed to 24 unique colors.
“With Disney Paint, parents can transform their homes into places where their kids will love to play, sleep and most importantly, make memories,” continued Stewart.
Disney and Glidden also want your family to experience some magic by participating in or hosting a “My Magic Room PJ Party” during the weekends of April 26-28 and May 3-5. You can find all the details here.
You can purchase your Disney Paint now at select Walmart stores across the country. The cost is $13.47 per quart and $27.97 per gallon. The specialty finishes vary from $10.97 to $19.97 per quart and All That Glitters and Speck-tacular are also available for $29.97 per gallon. You can visit DisneyPaint.com to try the virtual “Room Painter” tool or browse the gallery for additional ideas and inspiration and see all the new colors.
When Siera isn’t helping plan Disney vacations, you can find her spreading magic on Facebook and Twitter. Are you thinking about your next Disney vacation? Book a package with me and get a free gift card, plus all the other great perks and freebies including our signature MousePerks!
- Coming Soon: Minnie and Daisy B.F.F. Chapter Book Series and Magazine (chipandco.com)
- Possible Changes Coming to Disney Cruise Line (chipandco.com)
- New Disney Policy for Accompanying Children Under Seven on Rides (chipandco.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even our Tee Public Store!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend on our website. If you purchase those items through my links I will sometimes earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to pay for my website, and continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!