In an effort to make driving on Florida’s roadways safer, Walt Disney World Resort today joined a coalition of state and national organizations, including the Florida League of Cities, Florida Sheriffs Association, AAA and the City of Orlando to support legislation to stop motorists from texting while driving.
According to the National Safety Council, each year more than 100,000 crashes happen in the United States because of drivers who are distracted by activities like texting, emailing and sending instant messages. A study by the Virginia Tech Highway Safety Institute found that individuals who send text messages while driving are 23 times more likely to be involved in a crash.
Florida is one of the few states without a distracted driving law. The Florida House and Senate are expected to discuss a measure to prohibit distracted driving during the upcoming legislative session.
As part of an ongoing commitment to safety, Walt Disney World Resort is already among the growing number of companies across Florida that has a distracted driving policy in place.
- Star Wars Weekends Returns to the Disney’s Hollywood Studios Galaxy in May and June (chipandco.com)
- Limited Time Magic Continues This Summer at Walt Disney World Resort (chipandco.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend on our website. If you purchase those items through my links I will sometimes earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to pay for my website, and continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!
Latest posts by Chip (see all)
- Donald Glover Cast As Young Lando Calrissian In Upcoming Han Solo Star Wars Stand-Alone Film - October 22, 2016
- Look inside the all new Planet Hollywood Observatory at Disney Springs - October 20, 2016
- Service Dog Getting His Caricature Drawn At Disneyland - October 19, 2016