Disney has revived the 90’s pop culture sensation The Mickey Mouse Club. The iconic program, which originally began in 1955, is where stars from the 90’s like Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and countless others got their start. The brand returns as a new digital program called Club Mickey Mouse.
Disney Digital Network launched the new “Club Mickey Mouse,” an always-on digital- and social-first variety program, and revealed the eight teens selected as the next class of Mouseketeers. Starting today, “Club Mickey Mouse” follows the journey of the new Mouseketeers as they create new music and choreography and build friendships. Developed in partnership with HP Inc., the program lives on Facebook and Instagram through Facebook Anthology. Viewers can follow the program via @ClubMickeyMouse accounts on Facebook and Instagram.
💥 THEY'RE HERE. 💥 Meet the new Mouseketeers of #ClubMickeyMouse, and get ready to follow along on their journey… It's gonna be a crazy ride ✨ Only on Facebook and Instagram! #ad
Posted by Club Mickey Mouse on Friday, September 8, 2017
“Club Mickey Mouse” is one of the first programs created entirely for social feeds. The new Mouseketeers are true digital-first creators, selected with talent, authenticity, and attainability in mind. Over the course of seven weeks, they will share their journey on the @ClubMickeyMouse Instagram and Facebook accounts through Instagram stories, Boomerangs and Facebook Live videos, as they document the behind-the-scenes process of writing their own songs, choreographing their dances, and their experiences on set. Each week will culminate in a unique musical performance and a marquee music video. Walt Disney Records will also distribute the original music weekly through online music stores, including a new “Club Mickey Mouse” theme song which will be released on September 12, 2017.
“We see ‘Club Mickey Mouse’ as always-on content versus a show or series,” said Andrew Sugerman, Executive Vice President of Publishing and Digital Media at Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI). “It’s an entirely new approach to programming content. It’s not a traditional web series and it’s not just digital-first, it’s social-first. It’s programmed specifically for social media audiences who want to follow the kids’ journey just as they would follow their friends’ stories.”
As part of Facebook Anthology, HP and Disney partnered to develop “Club Mickey Mouse” for Facebook. HP equipped the cast with HP Sprocket Photo Printers to document their journey. “Club Mickey Mouse” celebrates the creative spirit of the ‘Creator Generation’ and with HP as a partner, the program empowers the new class of Mouseketeers to create and document their experiences and stories.
“Partnering with Disney to relaunch ‘Club Mickey Mouse’ is enabling us to introduce printing to an entire generation who likely haven’t experienced the joy of print,” said Vikrant Batra, Global Head of Print Marketing, HP. “In the always-on climate we live in – especially among Gen Z audiences – digital photos are often lost as quickly as they’re snapped. Instant mobile printing with Sprocket allows us to re-experience amazing moments as a memory to hold on to, and the Mouseketeers are helping bring awareness to this – as well as how fun, creative and playful printing can be.”
“Club Mickey Mouse” is developed and produced by the team behind Oh My Disney, Disney Digital Network’s flagship editorial voice for Gen Z and Millennial Disney fans. Disney Digital Network is the home for Disney stories on digital platforms, where audiences follow Disney’s brands and stories through a network of editorial voices, more than 350 social media channels, and popular digital influencers. Disney Digital Network reaches a global audience of over one billion Gen Z and Millennial followers. “Club Mickey Mouse” content will be amplified across the network.
The new class of “Club Mickey Mouse” Mousketeers includes:
- Regan Aliyah (@regan_ux) – Regan Aliyah, 18, is a fourth-generation entertainer, lyricist and MC. Drawing inspiration from the community around her, Regan prides herself on being a socially conscious artist and creator.
- Jenna Alvarez (@jennazalvarez) – Jenna Alvarez, 15, has been dancing for most of her life and is an expert in ballet and hip hop. A promising young vocalist, Jenna is ready to share her talent with the world through “Club Mickey Mouse.”
- Ky Baldwin (@iamkybaldwin) – Ky Baldwin, 16, moved from Sydney, Australia to Los Angeles with his family to follow his dreams as a singer, songwriter, and dancer. With nearly 100 million views online, Ky’s music videos light up the hearts of his fans around the world.
- Gabe De Guzman (@gabedofficial) – Gabe De Guzman, 16, is a professional dancer who has shared the stage with some of the biggest stars in music. After being bullied for his love of dance, Gabe hopes to inspire kids to always be true to themselves and do what they love.
- Leanne Tessa Langston (@leannetessa_) – Leanne Tessa Langston, 17, is an aspiring singer, songwriter, and dancer. Leanne lends her unique lyrics and melodies to original tracks for “Club Mickey Mouse.”
- Brianna Mazzola (@brianna.mazzola) – Brianna Mazzola, 17, brings her passion for music, dance, and acting to “Club Mickey Mouse.” Originally from Philadelphia, Brianna’s soulful voice makes her performances unforgettable.
- Sean Oliu (@sean_oliu) – Sean Oliu, 15, is a multi-talented instrumentalist and vocalist. Inspired by the music of the 1950’s, Sean blends Rockabilly flair with pop music to create a new, fresh sound and style.
- Will Simmons (@bigwillsimmons) – Will Simmons, 17, is a dancer and choreographer with iconic moves and an infectious spirit. Will has performed with legendary artists and shares his choreography experience with the Club.
Along the way, popular social media influencers Todrick Hall (@todrick) and Alisha Marie (@alisha) will join the Club as mentors to share their expertise in choreography, style, and navigating social media fandom.
“From the original cast of Mousketeers to the pop power of the 1990’s ‘Mickey Mouse Club,’ this franchise has always discovered, nurtured, and incubated original talent who have gone on to do great things and make a real impact on culture,” said Sugerman. “We’re excited to continue that legacy and to welcome the Mousketeers into our network of Maker creators, support their crafts as authentic songwriters, choreographers, and artists, and bring a new generation of teens back into the Club.”
Are you ready to start planning your amazing Disney vacation? Our friends at MickeyTravels (designated with Platinum Earmarked status by Disney) can help! Click Here for your FREE No Obligation Quote from one of their Authorized Disney Vacation Planners.
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? There are still fantastic 2017 Summer and Fall packages to be had. Click here or send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.
Want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! And did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.
Latest posts by Sarah Phillips (see all)
- Loaded Tots Coming To The Friar’s Nook in Fantasyland - January 23, 2018
- Multiple Disney and Pixar Films Nominated For Academy Awards - January 23, 2018
- Incredibles 2 Cast Announced Plus Side-By-Side Images With Their Characters - January 22, 2018