I for one love the Disney Photo Pass Photographers. They are very helpful, creative, and most have great personalities that really love what they do. When I read this article today it felt very unpersonal and cold which to me is not what the Disney Magic is about.
According to Stitch Kingdom and several sources online Disney is working on a automated imaging system that will track guests via fully automated cameras and gps systems. The computer system will center, crop, edit photos and video and send those images to your cell phone or other personal devices all without a single person having to do a thing.
While meeting your favorite characters for the first time is very magical not to mention having photos and videos from various angles is cool I think we lose some of that magic when we take that person to person interaction we get from photographers and other attendants. I am fine with the editing and sending of photos and video but would hate to see the whole system be fully automated.
You can read up on the full report here.
What do you think about this new Patent? Will it take the magic out of the hands out of the Cast Members or is this something we need to upgrade?
- Why I love Walt Disney World Extra Magic Hours! (chipandco.com)
- Take the Wildlife Express Train at Animal Kingdom (chipandco.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
Latest posts by Chip (see all)
- Dates and menus announced for 2016 Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic - February 5, 2016
- New Zootopia Monorail Wrap shows up at Walt Disney World - February 4, 2016
- New Acts Bring Fresh Energy to Cirque du Soliel’s ‘La Nouba’ - February 1, 2016