Disney Food Confession – Pineapple Breakfast Bread with Recipe
Where is it? Ohana’s Character Breakfast – Polynesian Resort, Disneyworld
What is it? Sweet Pineapple Breakfast Bread
Why you want it? Starts off a yummy breakfast, this welcomes you to your table just before the rest of the food arrives. So soft and sweet makes you want more than one basket
Photo Credit: by Chip
If you have a Disney Food Confession email chip@chipandco. He is accepting Food ideas or Photos if you have them!
Pineapple Breakfast Bread Recipe
Yield 1 – 9″ x 13″ cake pan
1 3/4 C. Water
1 Egg Yolk
2 T. Shortening
4 1/2 C. High Gluten Flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/3 C Sugar
1 T. Instant Yeast
1 C. Crushed pineapple
1 C. Unsweetened coconut
1 C. Sugar
2 T. Cornstarch
1. Combine pineapple and coconut in bowl.
2. Combine sugar and cornstarch in separate bowl and mix well.
3. Add sugar and cornstarch mixture into pineapple and coconut mixture and mix well.
4. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
1. Combine all ingredients in order of recipe in mixing bowl, and mix with dough hook until
dough picks up on hook and the sides of the mixing bowl is clean.
2. Let dough rise until it doubles in size.
3. Roll out dough onto a floured surface until it is 2 inches thick.
4. Next spread pineapple/coconut mixture over the top of the dough.
5. Fold dough into itself and place in a greased 9″ x 13″ cake pan.
6. Cut dough into pieces with a pizza cutter and spread out cut pieces evenly in cake pan.
7. Let dough rise in warm oven (110 degrees F) – about half way up the pan.
8. Bake at 325 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Let bread cool, cut and serve.
- Disney Food Confessions – Big Kahuna Breakfast (chipandco.com)
- Disney Food Confession – Boma’s Butternut Squash Soup with Recipe (chipandco.com)