What is it? Ger’s Bread and Butter Pudding served–wait for it–with individual pitchers of creme anglaise and butterscotch. Sigh.
Where to find it: Raglan Road in Downtown Disney.
Why you want it: Imagine bread pudding, if you will. It’s good, but ordinary. But add two delightful little pitchers of butterscotch and creme anglaise goodness and well, you’ve just elevated the frugal use of day-old bread to cult status. Do they serve actual entrees at Raglan Road? Yes they do. Do I care? No. I’m here for the pudding.
Photo credit: The Daily Disney
If you have a Disney Food Confession email email@example.com or let us know on the Disney Food Confessions.. He is accepting Food ideas or Photos if you have them!
Raglan Road Irish Pub’s Ger’s Bread and Butter Pudding
Yield: 4 servings.
12 slices medium-sliced white bread
3 ounces salted butter, at room temp
2 ounces raisins
1/2 pint cream
1/2 pint milk
4 egg yolks
3 ounces super-fine sugar
Sauce of choice for serving
1. Butter ovenproof dish. Remove crusts from bread; butter on both sides and cut into quarters. Arrange layers of bread in triangles (overlapping slightly) in bottom of dish, scatter raisins on top. Cover with another layer. You should have some bread pieces leftover to use in Step 4. Press down gently with spatula.
2. To make custard, heat cream and milk in pot until it almost comes to boil. Remove from heat.
3. Whisk egg yolks and sugar in large heatproof bowl set over pan of simmering water until thick and whisk leaves a trail in mixture. Remove from heat and beat in cream mixture. Pour 2/3 of the custard over layered bread. Let stand 30 minutes or until bread has soaked up custard.
4. Heat oven to 350 F. Pour remaining custard over soaked bread and arrange remaining bread slices on top. Press down gently with spatula so that custard comes halfway up bread slices. Bake 30 minutes until custard is just set and top is golden brown. Serve immediately with sauces of choice.
Recipe note: A custard or butterscotch sauce works well.
Latest posts by guest blogging (see all)
- Saving Money on Your Disney Vacation…Using Gift Cards! - September 13, 2014
- 5 Easy Tips to Help You Start Planning a Magical Walt Disney World Vacation - September 12, 2014
- Disney makes it Magical…. - August 5, 2014
Are you a Disney Addict? Stand up and be counted! Join our Facebook Group - You Might Be a Disney Addict or #ymbada for short. Share your love of Disney with other like minded individuals. If you have questions be sure to stop by our Disney Addict Website. Here you can ask Disney World, Disneyland or any other travel related question. There is no question too big or too small!