What is it? Ger’s Bread and Butter Pudding served–wait for it–with individual pitchers of creme anglaise and butterscotch. Sigh.
Where to find it: Raglan Road in Downtown Disney.
Why you want it: Imagine bread pudding, if you will. It’s good, but ordinary. But add two delightful little pitchers of butterscotch and creme anglaise goodness and well, you’ve just elevated the frugal use of day-old bread to cult status. Do they serve actual entrees at Raglan Road? Yes they do. Do I care? No. I’m here for the pudding.
Photo credit: The Daily Disney
If you have a Disney Food Confession email firstname.lastname@example.org or let us know on the Disney Food Confessions.. He is accepting Food ideas or Photos if you have them!
Raglan Road Irish Pub’s Ger’s Bread and Butter Pudding
Yield: 4 servings.
12 slices medium-sliced white bread
3 ounces salted butter, at room temp
2 ounces raisins
1/2 pint cream
1/2 pint milk
4 egg yolks
3 ounces super-fine sugar
Sauce of choice for serving
1. Butter ovenproof dish. Remove crusts from bread; butter on both sides and cut into quarters. Arrange layers of bread in triangles (overlapping slightly) in bottom of dish, scatter raisins on top. Cover with another layer. You should have some bread pieces leftover to use in Step 4. Press down gently with spatula.
2. To make custard, heat cream and milk in pot until it almost comes to boil. Remove from heat.
3. Whisk egg yolks and sugar in large heatproof bowl set over pan of simmering water until thick and whisk leaves a trail in mixture. Remove from heat and beat in cream mixture. Pour 2/3 of the custard over layered bread. Let stand 30 minutes or until bread has soaked up custard.
4. Heat oven to 350 F. Pour remaining custard over soaked bread and arrange remaining bread slices on top. Press down gently with spatula so that custard comes halfway up bread slices. Bake 30 minutes until custard is just set and top is golden brown. Serve immediately with sauces of choice.
Recipe note: A custard or butterscotch sauce works well.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even our Tee Public Store!
Latest posts by Chip and Co Guest Blogger (see all)
- Episode VII Fans Celebrate Rey Day 2016 at Disneyland Park - January 27, 2016
- 10 Disney Souvenirs You’ll Be Glad You Bought - December 30, 2015
- Walt in Walt’s Disneyland Footsteps Tour Review - September 4, 2015