As science and medicine progress, it is being found that many more people than were previously thought have food allergies or sensitivities. There are also many food issues among folks with chronic diseases. This issue runs the gamut from the very young to the elderly. Disney takes these food issues very seriously and offers solutions at the large majority of their restaurants so their guests will not be subjected to the problems that can happen as a result of these allergies/sensitivities.
Let’s take a look at what some of the major food allergies are:
- gluten or wheat
- lactose or dairy
- peanuts and tree nuts
The best way to avoid problems with these types of allergies/issues is to note them when you make your table service reservations or if you prefer, discuss them with the Chef or Restaurant Manager upon your arrival. These things can generally be handled quite easily.
There are other types of dietary issues that can cause problems for those folks with either metabolic disorders or multiple allergies. Some of these are:
- Allergy or intolerance not listed above under Common Food Allergies
- Metabolic disorders
- A single guest with multiple allergies/intolerances or multiple guests with allergies/intolerances within the same party
These types of dietary issues require a bit more planning and Disney would like you to contact them at least 14 days in advance of your arrival by e-mailing them your information (restaurant, specific issue, how many members in your party with the issue, and any other pertinent information). The specific e-mail address is: SpecialDiets@DisneyWorld.com.
You should have all of your reservations made and the reservation information assembled before contacting them.
You are not restricted to table service restaurants if you have one of the simpler allergies mentioned above. The following counter service eateries can also deal with the simpler allergies:
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café
- Main Street Bakery
- Columbia Harbor House
- The Pinocchio Village House
For further information you can visit the Walt Disney World Special Dietary Requirements web page. Walt Disney World is vastly experienced in handling dining needs of every type from those mentioned above to providing Kosher Meals upon request. Trust them but make sure you give them the correct information when they ask. After all, they have your and their best interests at heart. As always, enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World!!
- Things you can only get at Walt Disney World… (chipandco.com)
- Disney Food Blog Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays 2012 e-Book (chipandco.com)
Latest posts by Chip Confer (see all)
- Disney Finds – Minnie Mouse Waffle Maker - February 27, 2015
- Disney Finds – Disney’s Pictionary Board Game - February 23, 2015
- New York City Runner Has Dreams Come True with Disney Princess Half Marathon Victory - February 23, 2015