As science and medicine progress, it is being found that many more people than were previously thought have food allergies or sensitivities. There are also many food issues among folks with chronic diseases. This issue runs the gamut from the very young to the elderly. Disney takes these food issues very seriously and offers solutions at the large majority of their restaurants so their guests will not be subjected to the problems that can happen as a result of these allergies/sensitivities.
Let’s take a look at what some of the major food allergies are:
- gluten or wheat
- lactose or dairy
- peanuts and tree nuts
The best way to avoid problems with these types of allergies/issues is to note them when you make your table service reservations or if you prefer, discuss them with the Chef or Restaurant Manager upon your arrival. These things can generally be handled quite easily.
There are other types of dietary issues that can cause problems for those folks with either metabolic disorders or multiple allergies. Some of these are:
- Allergy or intolerance not listed above under Common Food Allergies
- Metabolic disorders
- A single guest with multiple allergies/intolerances or multiple guests with allergies/intolerances within the same party
These types of dietary issues require a bit more planning and Disney would like you to contact them at least 14 days in advance of your arrival by e-mailing them your information (restaurant, specific issue, how many members in your party with the issue, and any other pertinent information). The specific e-mail address is: SpecialDiets@DisneyWorld.com.
You should have all of your reservations made and the reservation information assembled before contacting them.
You are not restricted to table service restaurants if you have one of the simpler allergies mentioned above. The following counter service eateries can also deal with the simpler allergies:
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café
- Main Street Bakery
- Columbia Harbor House
- The Pinocchio Village House
For further information you can visit the Walt Disney World Special Dietary Requirements web page. Walt Disney World is vastly experienced in handling dining needs of every type from those mentioned above to providing Kosher Meals upon request. Trust them but make sure you give them the correct information when they ask. After all, they have your and their best interests at heart. As always, enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World!!
- Things you can only get at Walt Disney World… (chipandco.com)
- Disney Food Blog Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays 2012 e-Book (chipandco.com)
Let my friends at World of Magic Travel help you plan your next Magical Disney Vacation. Their services are 100% free with no cost to you. Who wouldn't want someone to do all the tedious trip planning and reservations for them? Just use the box in the top right of the page (or click here), and one of our Travel Magicians will be in touch with shortly. Remember everyone deserves a little magic when booking their vacation, and World of Magic Travel is here to help.
Latest posts by Chip Confer (see all)
- Sleep Like Prince or Princess In The Royal Suite at Four Seasons Resort Orlando At Walt Disney World Resort - December 17, 2014
- STK Orlando Coming to Disney Springs in 2015 - December 17, 2014
- Star Wars Music Christmas Lights Show 2014 - December 16, 2014