Disney Cruise Line offers many selections for dining and some of these options include the buffet. While standing in a DCL Buffet line, I’ve often wondered if some people have attended Stitch’s etiquette class. At a buffet, some people become just Goofy!
Travel along with me as we discuss the top 10 buffet etiquette rules (in no particular order).
- Wash your hands – To prevent the spread of germs and disease, clean your hands before you eat.
- Wait your turn and don’t cut in line – Don’t stampede the line, wait until it’s your turn to dine.
- Use a clean plate – Ready for another trip to the line, using a new plate is the way to dine.
- Watch your kids – Tempting foods are everywhere, go with your kids to get their fare.
- No eating in line – Tantalizing foods are upon your plate, wait to eat at your seat.
- Use the tongs not your fingers – Tongs/spoons are assigned to every tray, keep your fingers out of the way.
- Don’t go against the flow – Just keep swimming the same direction as the rest of the guests.
- Take only what you will eat – Hunger abounds after adventures galore, you can always come back for more.
- Turn your head to cough or sneeze – Feel the urge to cough or sneeze, turn your head please.
- Tip your server – Your servers help to make your trip, please make sure to leave a tip.
Basic etiquette at the buffet will make your cruise a fun place to be. Do you have any additional tips? Please leave them in the comments section below. We’d love to hear them and any buffet stories you have as well
Have you heard about the Chip and Co Land and Sea package this fall? We will be at the Walt Disney World Resort October 11-16, 2014 and then on a 3-night Bahamian Cruise October 16-19, 2014!
Latest posts by Keli (see all)
- Sesame Place Introduces All New Transferrable Season Pass - October 2, 2014
- Disneyland Park Paris: Halloween Celebration Begins October 1 - October 2, 2014
- Disney Store Announces New Limited Edition Sleeping Beauty Dolls - October 1, 2014
Are you a Disney Addict? Stand up and be counted! Join our Facebook Group - You Might Be a Disney Addict or #ymbada for short. Share your love of Disney with other like minded individuals. If you have questions be sure to stop by our Disney Addict Website. Here you can ask Disney World, Disneyland or any other travel related question. There is no question too big or too small!