Disney Cruise Line has the perfect holiday cruises awaiting your family! Beginning in November the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy are all decked in holiday cheer for the Very Merrytime Cruises. These cruises are packed full of holiday festivities including traditional “turkey day” fanfare, Christmas feasts, “snow flurries” and New Year’s Eve galas.
During these voyages through the new year, special stem-to-stern holiday events include:
- “Mickey’s Tree-Lighting Magic” in the atrium lobby on the first night of the cruise, where Disney characters lead holiday carols and the lighting of the glittering, three-deck-tall tree.
- “Santa’s Winter Wonderland Ball” in the atrium lobby, where Disney cruisers welcome the guests of honor, Santa and Mrs. Claus, with a grand celebration featuring Broadway-style entertainment, favorite Disney characters and classic holiday tunes. This evening of enchantment is made complete when a special pair of royal sisters joins the party and causes a flurry of “frozen” fun as a magical snowfall overtakes the atrium.
- Dickens-inspired carolers carrying the spirit of the holidays throughout the ship while singing holiday classics, sometimes with the help of favorite Disney friends. At the end of the cruise, children will have the opportunity to join the carolers onstage for a special farewell show.
- Family holiday activities including building gingerbread houses and meeting Santa Claus.
- Youth holiday crafts such as decorating stockings and gingerbread men cookies, making holiday cards and creating holiday animation cells.
- “Deck the Deck Holiday Party,” a tropical celebration with Disney friends leading games such as hula hooping and limbo under oversized candy canes, along with dances for the whole family like the “Yuletide Slide” and a conga line around the pool.
- A special holiday edition of the cheerful farewell celebration on the final night of the cruise, with beloved Disney characters and the ship’s crew in an engaging musical finale led by Mickey Mouse.
On Thanksgiving Day, guests will enjoy a bountiful Thanksgiving Day feast and visits from Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse dressed in traditional Thanksgiving attire. Also during the special Thanksgiving voyages, NFL football games will be broadcast live on the ships’ outdoor, jumbo LED screens – Funnel Vision – located near the family pool.
Christmas morning at the atrium lobby tree Santa Claus and his helpers will have a surprise for all the kids, and guests will delight in a special musical performance from the children. A traditional Christmas Dinner will be served that night in the dining rooms.
Christmas services will be held on Christmas Day with a midnight mass on Christmas Eve. Hanukkah services will be held each day, Dec. 12 to Dec. 20.
Special holiday décor adorns each ship from bow to stern, anchored by a three-deck-tall tree in the atrium lobby. The 20’ tall tree is uniquely decorated to complement the existing colors and overall theme of the lobby, including a custom star that is as unique as the ship. All together, the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Fantasy, and Disney Dream have 402 garlands totaling 3,768’, 126 wreaths ranging from 24” to 60” and 130 trees ranging from 24” to 8’.
When the ships stop at Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay, during the holidays, the celebration continues with “snow flurries,” a decked-out Christmas tree, Disney character meet-and-greets and holiday island music.
For an extra sprinkle of holiday joy, special amenities are available for stateroom delivery. Purchased in advance of sailing, these include holiday-themed gift packages and treat baskets and even mini Christmas trees decorated with ornaments, red berries, mini carnations and a bow topper. Plus, during the holiday cruises, the Disney Cruise Line holiday merchandise collection and ever-popular Disney Cruise Line ornaments will be available in the gift shops.
To ring in 2018, voyages during the holiday include a special New Year’s Eve party, complete with music, sparkling wine in commemorative flutes and a midnight countdown.
To celebrate the holidays, the
Disney Magic sails from November 11 – December 24 for:
- Four, five, seven and eight-night Bahamian cruises
- Five night Eastern Caribbean cruises and
- Five-night Western Caribbean cruise
Disney Wonder sails from November 10 – December 22 for:
- Seven-night Western Caribbean cruises
- Seven-night Bahamian cruises
Disney Dream sails from November 10 – December 22 for:
- Three- and four-night Bahamian cruises departing from Nov. 10 to Dec. 22
Disney Fantasy sails from November 11 to December 23 for:
- Seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises
Ready to start planning a Disney vacation? Click here for a FREE, no obligation quote or fill out the form below for a FREE quote.
As an agent with MickeyTravels, LLC, I can help save you time and money planning your next Disney vacation. The best part is my services are always FREE! Contact me today at firstname.lastname@example.org or (229) 977-3773. Join me on Facebook for the latest Disney updates and tips.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.
Latest posts by Natalie Connell (see all)
- Star Wars Day at Sea Returns to the Disney Fantasy - January 11, 2018
- Cast Members Placed Their Mark on the New Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center Expansion - January 10, 2018
- New French Dip Sandwich Available for Limited Time at Earl of Sandwich - January 9, 2018