Disney.com Unveils a Brand New Canvas for Create – the Award-Winning Online Artist Community
Disney.com announced today the launch of the new Create on Disney.com (Disney.com/Create), a sleek, feature-rich site to develop original works of art. Guests can share their creations with friends and family online and now via mobile devices, including iPad and smart phones. Create’s powerful creativity tools, called Apps, empower Guests to make digital paintings, comic books, animated pets and now videos. Since Create’sinitial launch in August 2009, more than 10 million pieces of art have been created and saved on the site generating over 100 million views, making it one of the largest collections of art in the world!
“Create on Disney.com has become a thriving, online community. Our Guests are demonstrating incredible imagination and artistic abilities in a fun, safe and supportive environment with other artists. I am blown away by what I see every day on the site,” said Mark Walker, SVP, Disney.com. “There are more than 700,000 active artists on Create and we are very pleased to be able to offer them a significantly upgraded site and exciting new opportunities for creative expression.”
Create on Disney.com offers more than 60 different themed apps to choose from, many that utilize a rich library of Disney character art and graphics, such as the Toy Story Comic Creator, Miss Piggy Digital Painter, Avenger Motion Comic Creator and the Phineas and Ferb Robotinator, among others. Alternatively, Guests can utilize Create as a blank canvas to create their own original art, characters and stories.
New to Disney.com’s Create
New apps and features are available every month on Create, but this is the first major re-design of the site since its initial launch. Exciting new additions to the site include:
- Video Mashup App – By using a combination of video clips, still images and original artwork, Guests can create professional-looking music videos and movie trailers in the matter of minutes!
- Cross-Platform Compatibility — Guests can now view Create’s gallery of art, animations, comics and videos from their iPad or smart phone.
- Personalization: — So that Guests can easily discover favorite art and artists, there is now a recommendation feature alongside the Create Viewer, offering suggestions on artwork Guests might like, based on their favorite subjects, characters and artists.
- Liquid layout – To maximize the canvas size for creating and viewing art, the liquid layout uses responsive design principles to allow pages to fluidly resize and optimize for screen size.
Since its inception, Create on Disney.com has received numerous awards and honors from parenting and technology organizations around the country, including Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice, Webby Award Official Nominee, KAPi (Kids@Play Interactive) Award Finalist, Parent’s Choice and the National Association of Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA).
- Disney.com Invites Kids and Teens to Show Off Their Music Video Star Talent in the U Rock the Holidays Event (chipandco.com)
- Create Your Custom Disney Holiday Cards & Gift Tags on Disney.com/Create (chipandco.com)