Disney is feeling pretty good about their new film, ‘Oz the Great and Powerful‘, a prequel to the 1939 film ‘The Wizard of Oz’, all of which are based on the books by L. Frank Baum. The new film, starring James Franco as the man who becomes the Great Wizard known as Oz, and directed by Sam Raimi, is already looking to make in the ballpark of $80 million its opening weekend, Disney feels safe enough to begin prep work on a possible sequel. While not much is known about what exactly the sequel will entail, or what novel in the series it might be based on, we do know that Mitchell Kapner, who helped co-write the first film with David Lindsay-Abaire, will take writing duties on the new film. For those who have seen the film, they know there are actually quite a few different routes you could go with a sequel, so it’s definitely going to be exciting to see just where they’re going to do with it.
One thing I’m very curious about is to see if Sam Raimi will be returning to helm another adventure in the land of Oz. I personally thought that Sam Raimi brought a really awesome touch to Oz, and you could tell he was definitely having fun in the world. It seemed to really mesh with his artistic style, so I’m really hoping he’ll return for a second go-around. Are you excited by the possibilites of another ‘Oz’ film? Let me know in the comments below, only here at Chip and Company!
- ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ Review (chipandco.com)
- Mayor of Seattle Proclaims ‘Oz the Great and Powerful’ Day (chipandco.com)
- ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ Press Junket – Part 2 (chipandco.com)
- ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ Press Junket – Part 1 (chipandco.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
Latest posts by Patrick (see all)
- ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ Review - April 3, 2014
- ‘Muppets Most Wanted’ Review - March 20, 2014
- ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ Press Junket - March 19, 2014