As a Travel Agent, one of the most popular questions I receive is, “When are rates the least expensive for Disney Cruise Line.” For that question, I have two answers:
- When rates and itineraries are first released by Disney
- When Disney releases “Staterooms with Restrictions” for a sailing a few months prior to a cruise’s scheduled sailing date
Let’s take a closer look at Staterooms with Restrictions as I have seen several available recently which means you can save big on your cruise for this holiday season!
Staterooms with restrictions are available in three categories. They are listed as acronyms which mean:
- IGT is Inside Stateroom Guarantee
- OGT is Oceanview Stateroom Guarantee
- VGT is Stateroom with Verandah Guarantee
Those acronyms mean you are guaranteed a stateroom in one of those three categories. However, there are restrictions that come along with these discounted staterooms. The highlights of the restrictions are:
- New bookings only. Existing reservations cannot be modified to these new categories.
- Disney Cruise Line will assign your specific stateroom at a later time, based on remaining availability.
- Specific stateroom requests will not be accommodated.
- Full payment is required at the time of booking for all Guests and is non-refundable.
- The stateroom offer cannot be combined with any other discounted or promotional offer.
If you are a family looking for an exact stateroom in a certain location on the ship, these staterooms might not be for you as your stateroom is not usually assigned until a few days prior to your sail date. Full payment is due at the time of booking but since these staterooms are offered at the last minute, full payment would be due anyways per Disney guidelines.
Now you might be wanting to know how much you can save. For example, I recently booked a family of four on a 5-night Caribbean Cruise during the first week of December for just over $2700! That is a great value for a Disney Cruise!
Also, as I mentioned first, rates are historically the least expensive when they are first released by Disney. If you are looking to Cruise the first part of 2019, you are in luck as we are anticipating early 2019 rates and itineraries to be released any day now! Fill out the information below so you can be notified right when they are released!
Another way to save: Are you a Florida resident or military member? Disney offers discounted rates periodically throughout the year with you Florida or Military ID!
Ready to start planning your Disney Cruise or would like more information on these special rates? CLICK HERE , fill out the form below, or send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. I offer ONBOARD CREDITS for all my cruise clients so you will be saving even more and my services are 100% FREE!
As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I work with all Disney Destinations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.954.401.9577, via email at MickeyTravelsHolly@gmail.com, or follow along on Facebook.
Source/Image Credit: Disney
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.
Latest posts by Holly R (see all)
- Exclusive Look at Star Wars Resort Coming to Disney World - February 22, 2018
- The Muppets are Coming to Disney’s New Streaming Service - February 21, 2018
- FootGolf is Coming to Walt Disney World! - February 20, 2018