For the third year in a row, D23 will hit the road with D23 Disney Fanniversary Celebration presented by Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection. The live event will visit 11 cities across the U.S. to commemorate dozens of magical Disney milestones celebrating landmark anniversaries this year.
Hosted by Disney archivists and the D23 Team, Fanniversary 2014 will revisit beloved theme park attractions, animated and live-action films, characters, TV series, and more than 90 years of Disney history including Donald Duck, the 1964–65 New York World’s Fair, Sleeping Beauty, Haunted Mansion, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, The Little Mermaid, and many more. The event, which runs approximately 105 minutes, will also feature the never-before-heard track “Evil Evil” from Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection Sleeping Beauty and a demo recording from Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection The Little Mermaid. Fanniversary events will be open to the public, with special admission prices for D23 Members.
In addition, following each show, two rare items from the Walt Disney Archives will be on display for guests to see and photograph: a hat worn by Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins and a “Duckster” award. Created in 1952, this bronze-colored award in the image of Donald Duck honored those who made significant contributions to Disney over the years. Both Walt Disney and Donald Duck himself were among the recipients of this unique prize.
D23 Gold and Silver Members will have the first opportunity to purchase tickets on May 21 for $23 each. Tickets will be available to D23 Free Members on June 11 for $33 each, and remaining tickets will go on sale to the general public on July 9 for $40 each. Tickets will be available at D23.com/Events.
Here is the touring schedule:
- August 9: Burbank, Calif.
- August 10: San Diego
- August 16 & 17: San Francisco
- September 6: Chicago
- September 13: Seattle
- September 20: Atlanta
- September 21: Philadelphia
- September 26: Washington, D.C.
- September 28: New York City
- October 4: Boston
- October 25: Orlando
Fanniversaries that guests can look forward to celebrating at each stop include:
- Donald Duck (80th anniversary)
- Disneyland TV show (60)
- Sleeping Beauty (55)
- Darby O’Gill and the Little People (55)
- Disneyland’s Monorail, Matterhorn Bobsleds and Submarine Voyage (50)
- Disney’s contributions to the 1964–65 New York World’s Fair (50)
- Mary Poppins (50)
- Haunted Mansion (45)
- The Love Bug (45)
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (35)
- Disney-MGM Studios Theme Park (now Disney’s Hollywood Studios) (25)
- Splash Mountain (25)
- The Little Mermaid (25)
- Pleasure Island (25)
- The Lion King (20)
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ (20)
…and many more!
Wishing you Faith, Trust,and Pixie Dust
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store! Also don't forget to visit some of our other sites - Disney Addicts where we answer your Disney Questions, the Disney Fashionista is serving up the best in Disney Travel, Fashion, Makeup and More on her site, finally be sure to check out our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook Group.
Latest posts by Maria (see all)
- Universal Orlando’s New Water Park Will Open in 2017 - May 28, 2015
- Tables in Wonderland Food & Wine Preview Event - May 28, 2015
- Sea World Will Soon Have the Tallest, Fastest, and Longest Roller Coaster in Orlando - May 28, 2015