For the third year in a row, D23 will hit the road with D23 Disney Fanniversary Celebration presented by Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection. The live event will visit 11 cities across the U.S. to commemorate dozens of magical Disney milestones celebrating landmark anniversaries this year.
Hosted by Disney archivists and the D23 Team, Fanniversary 2014 will revisit beloved theme park attractions, animated and live-action films, characters, TV series, and more than 90 years of Disney history including Donald Duck, the 1964–65 New York World’s Fair, Sleeping Beauty, Haunted Mansion, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, The Little Mermaid, and many more. The event, which runs approximately 105 minutes, will also feature the never-before-heard track “Evil Evil” from Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection Sleeping Beauty and a demo recording from Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection The Little Mermaid. Fanniversary events will be open to the public, with special admission prices for D23 Members.
In addition, following each show, two rare items from the Walt Disney Archives will be on display for guests to see and photograph: a hat worn by Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins and a “Duckster” award. Created in 1952, this bronze-colored award in the image of Donald Duck honored those who made significant contributions to Disney over the years. Both Walt Disney and Donald Duck himself were among the recipients of this unique prize.
D23 Gold and Silver Members will have the first opportunity to purchase tickets on May 21 for $23 each. Tickets will be available to D23 Free Members on June 11 for $33 each, and remaining tickets will go on sale to the general public on July 9 for $40 each. Tickets will be available at D23.com/Events.
Here is the touring schedule:
- August 9: Burbank, Calif.
- August 10: San Diego
- August 16 & 17: San Francisco
- September 6: Chicago
- September 13: Seattle
- September 20: Atlanta
- September 21: Philadelphia
- September 26: Washington, D.C.
- September 28: New York City
- October 4: Boston
- October 25: Orlando
Fanniversaries that guests can look forward to celebrating at each stop include:
- Donald Duck (80th anniversary)
- Disneyland TV show (60)
- Sleeping Beauty (55)
- Darby O’Gill and the Little People (55)
- Disneyland’s Monorail, Matterhorn Bobsleds and Submarine Voyage (50)
- Disney’s contributions to the 1964–65 New York World’s Fair (50)
- Mary Poppins (50)
- Haunted Mansion (45)
- The Love Bug (45)
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (35)
- Disney-MGM Studios Theme Park (now Disney’s Hollywood Studios) (25)
- Splash Mountain (25)
- The Little Mermaid (25)
- Pleasure Island (25)
- The Lion King (20)
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ (20)
…and many more!
Wishing you Faith, Trust,and Pixie Dust
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even our Tee Public Store!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend on our website. If you purchase those items through my links I will sometimes earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to pay for my website, and continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!
Latest posts by Maria (see all)
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Praise Wave Makes a Splash with MERCYME Taking the Stage March 12th - March 4, 2016
- SeaWorld Orlando Offers Free Beer - March 3, 2016
- SeaWorld Orlando Unveils New Coaster Car: Inspired by Sharks, Engineered for Speed - February 17, 2016