For the third year in a row, D23 will hit the road with D23 Disney Fanniversary Celebration presented by Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection. The live event will visit 11 cities across the U.S. to commemorate dozens of magical Disney milestones celebrating landmark anniversaries this year.
Hosted by Disney archivists and the D23 Team, Fanniversary 2014 will revisit beloved theme park attractions, animated and live-action films, characters, TV series, and more than 90 years of Disney history including Donald Duck, the 1964–65 New York World’s Fair, Sleeping Beauty, Haunted Mansion, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, The Little Mermaid, and many more. The event, which runs approximately 105 minutes, will also feature the never-before-heard track “Evil Evil” from Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection Sleeping Beauty and a demo recording from Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection The Little Mermaid. Fanniversary events will be open to the public, with special admission prices for D23 Members.
In addition, following each show, two rare items from the Walt Disney Archives will be on display for guests to see and photograph: a hat worn by Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins and a “Duckster” award. Created in 1952, this bronze-colored award in the image of Donald Duck honored those who made significant contributions to Disney over the years. Both Walt Disney and Donald Duck himself were among the recipients of this unique prize.
D23 Gold and Silver Members will have the first opportunity to purchase tickets on May 21 for $23 each. Tickets will be available to D23 Free Members on June 11 for $33 each, and remaining tickets will go on sale to the general public on July 9 for $40 each. Tickets will be available at D23.com/Events.
Here is the touring schedule:
- August 9: Burbank, Calif.
- August 10: San Diego
- August 16 & 17: San Francisco
- September 6: Chicago
- September 13: Seattle
- September 20: Atlanta
- September 21: Philadelphia
- September 26: Washington, D.C.
- September 28: New York City
- October 4: Boston
- October 25: Orlando
Fanniversaries that guests can look forward to celebrating at each stop include:
- Donald Duck (80th anniversary)
- Disneyland TV show (60)
- Sleeping Beauty (55)
- Darby O’Gill and the Little People (55)
- Disneyland’s Monorail, Matterhorn Bobsleds and Submarine Voyage (50)
- Disney’s contributions to the 1964–65 New York World’s Fair (50)
- Mary Poppins (50)
- Haunted Mansion (45)
- The Love Bug (45)
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (35)
- Disney-MGM Studios Theme Park (now Disney’s Hollywood Studios) (25)
- Splash Mountain (25)
- The Little Mermaid (25)
- Pleasure Island (25)
- The Lion King (20)
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ (20)
…and many more!
Wishing you Faith, Trust,and Pixie Dust
Let my friends at World of Magic Travel help you plan your next Magical Disney Vacation. Their services are 100% free with no cost to you. Who wouldn't want someone to do all the tedious trip planning and reservations for them? Just use the box in the top right of the page (or click here), and one of our Travel Magicians will be in touch with shortly. Remember everyone deserves a little magic when booking their vacation, and World of Magic Travel is here to help.
Latest posts by Maria (see all)
- New Starbucks Location will be opening soon at Hollywood Studios - November 27, 2014
- Disney’s Castaway Cay Challenge Adds Some More Competition to the 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend - November 26, 2014
- Have you Heard about Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort? - November 24, 2014