According to the Orlando Sentinel, Dale Borders, 38, was sentenced to 30 months in a federal prison after being convicted on charges of trafficking in counterfeit Beach Body, Zumba, and Disney DVDs. Borders was living in Orlando and through a company called 5A Novelty was importing the DVD’s between March 2009 and August 2011, prosecutors said.
5A Novelty was warned by Beachbody in March 2011 that they were not an approved distributor of the company’s products. Beachbody and eBay shut down 5A Novelty’s site at least three times based on the information. Borders continued to reactivate it.
Shipments that were coming into Orlando were inspected by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security were labeled teaching and learning materials, said the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
Everyone is trying to always make a quick buck, so it is nice to see what comes around goes around and this guy get caught! I have written and seen many news articles about the counterfeiting with park tickets in Disneyland but seems the problem is growing everywhere. What do you think? Have you seen “black market” Disney items before?
Whether Tara is helping people make a memory with a trip to Disney (or anywhere else for that matter) or she is helping to write all the news and gossip to keep you in the know! She also has a brand new facebook page for even more tidbits on Disney and travel, so visit her at Magical Memories and the Mouse.
- 10 Ways to Know If You’re an Disney Addict (chipandco.com)
- Save $7 off Wreck it Ralph on Bluray (chipandco.com)
- Disney Bluray & DVD Schedule for 2013 (chipandco.com)
Latest posts by Chip and Co Guest Blogger (see all)
- The Mystery of the “Teddy Bear Lady” at the Grand Floridian Resort - December 30, 2014
- Saving Money on Your Disney Vacation…Using Gift Cards! - September 13, 2014
- 5 Easy Tips to Help You Start Planning a Magical Walt Disney World Vacation - September 12, 2014