This week, Comic Con will step off once again in for fans of comics, movies, video games, TV shows, and so much more, uniting many fandoms in their yearly pilgrimage to San Diego. This year, fans of Chip and Company will get to see the Con through two of the writers from this site, myself, Patrick Campbell, and Jessica Swaney. We’ll be there for all four days and nights, covering one of the biggest events of the year. And this year, there’s a lot for both Disney fans and Marvel fans to look forward to.
It seems Disney is pulling out all the stops this year, because they’re bringing us quite a few panels to look forward to. Here’s a few to note:
- Walt Disney Studios Panel – Thursday features the first in Disney related panels, and this one won’t be one to miss. Walt Disney Studios will be bringing ‘Frankenweenie’, with director Tim Burton for a Q&A, ‘Wreck-It Ralph’ and its voice cast, and the first look at Sam Raimi’s ‘Oz: The Great and Powerful’ to Hall H this year, the biggest hall in the venue. This will prove to be one of the most exciting panels at Comic-Con this year, and I really can’t wait to see some more from ‘Frankenweenie’ and ‘Wreck-It Ralph’, while finally seeing some stuff from ‘Oz’, one of the movies I’m most looking forward to next year.
- ‘Tron: Uprising’ – Disney is once again returning the grid to Comic-Con. Friday, you’ll get a look behind the scenes of the newest Disney XD show that explores what happened between ‘Tron’ and ‘Tron: Legacy’. The panel will feature the cast of the show, including Elijah Wood and Bruce Boxleitner, and many more. This one will be one not to miss for fans of ‘Tron’.
- Marvel Television Presents – On Saturday, Jeph Loeb brings a new look at the second season of ‘Ultimate Spider-Man’, while also giving a first look at what is ahead for the rest of the Marvel television side of the company. I’m looking forward to this one, because this was one of my favorite panels at WonderCon this year, so I can’t wait to see what Loeb and the rest have to offer this time around.
- ‘Phineas and Ferb’ – Also on Saturday, Disney is bringing everyone’s favorite animated geniuses and their pet platypus to Comic-Con. The panel will give a first look at what’s to come this year with Phineas and Ferb, including a look at the epic two part even from this summer, ‘Where’s Perry?’. This is one I’m really looking forward to.
- Marvel Studios: ‘Iron Man 3′ – Saturday night will bring fans of the Marvel Cinematic universe their first look at what Marvel has in store for us following ‘The Avengers’. Kevin Feige will be in attendance giving us our first look into ‘Iron Man 3′, and a look at the ever expanding Marvel universe on film. This is one I can’t miss, and I can’t wait to hear what they announce.
- ‘Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two’ – Sunday will bring the first look at the highly anticipated sequel to ‘Epic Mickey‘, ‘Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two’. I’m very much looking forward to seeing what they have to present here, because I’m very much looking up to this follow up game. It’ll definitely be very fun to see what they present.
That’s just a taste of the things that you’ll be seeing this year at the con, and definitely something to keep an eye on. I can’t wait to really dip my toes in and see what they have to present. All I know is I’m going to be overwhelmed by all the fun new things to see and do, and I can’t wait to share them with you guys. Is there anything you’re looking forward to? Let me know in the comments below!
Let my friends at World of Magic Travel help you plan your next Magical Disney Vacation. Their services are 100% free with no cost to you. Who wouldn't want someone to do all the tedious trip planning and reservations for them? Just use the box in the top right of the page (or click here), and one of our Travel Magicians will be in touch with shortly. Remember everyone deserves a little magic when booking their vacation, and World of Magic Travel is here to help.
Latest posts by Patrick (see all)
- ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ Review - April 3, 2014
- ‘Muppets Most Wanted’ Review - March 20, 2014
- ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ Press Junket - March 19, 2014