I know most people would look at this and think ” Why in the world would someone want to collect Disney World Resort Soap and Shampoo“.
Honestly I would have thought the same thing a few years ago myself, before I became a full-blown Disney addict. When I first saw the Disney resort soaps and shampoo I thought they were so cute, I love mini versions of everything, I decided to hide them the next day to see if I could get more. Well needless to say the Mousekeeper left more, so that was it I was hooked. Many people consider these a “Free” souvenir but I don’t see it as free because I pay dearly for my room and these are included in any hotel rate so in my mind I paid for them.
When I got home from my first Disney resort stay I did some research about the topic online and there quite a few other people who actually did the same thing and had strategies as to how to collect and get the most that you can. I found out that if you ask Mousekeeping for more soap and shampoo they will actually bring you a BAG FULL OF SOAP AND SHAMPOO. If you leave a note asking very nicely for your mousekeeper to leave you more she will leave, or may, leave you ANOTHER BIG BAG OF SOAP AND SHAMPOO. I know it there are a few of you shaking your head thinking that the Disney addiction has gone to far and I should be committed.
Chip’s Tips: Don’t feel odd about asking Mousekeeping for more soap and shampoo, they get this request a lot. So I am sure they understand this and they know why people do it.
I have used a few of the soaps and the shampoo. I am not a fan of the shampoo but I have very thick and curly hair, so my hair is very picky. I loved the soap so it was hard for me to not use it but I did resist the urge and glad I did because I found they are no longer making that certain scent, which was Blushing Orange.
A few things I have learned about this addiction:
- Different resorts have different types of soap and shampoo. Some resorts, the more expensive ones give better quality stuff. Some of the more expensive resorts will also give you lotion, toothpaste, toothbrush etc.
- Disney changes their packaging and scents every so often. Example I went to the Pop a year ago and they had different packaging when I went back and stayed at an All Star Resort later that year.
- Disney sells some of the hygiene products in the shops, bit not all
- Disney has a site where you can order the resort products. www.disneyresortcollection.com The site is currently down but I was told that it will be up and running soon. They are adding new products and changing things around.
So this is a good and “free” souvenir. You know they say scent is the strongest sense tied to memory, so if you ever missing Disney or longing for your next vacation just pull out your soap/shampoo and inhale. In case you are wondering yes I have done that several times.
Does anyone have the same strange addiction that I do? Share with us in the comment box below.
Sunshine is a Disney fanatic. You will find her counting the days until she goes back to Disney,while annoying her daughter will all things Disney.
- Do Cheap Souvenirs exist at the Disney Parks? (chipandco.com)
- Visiting the Beaches at Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store! Also don't forget to visit some of our other sites - Disney Addicts where we answer your Disney Questions, the Disney Fashionista is serving up the best in Disney Travel, Fashion, Makeup and More on her site, finally be sure to check out our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook Group.
Latest posts by Maria (see all)
- Disney Combines Consumer Products and Interactive Divisions - July 2, 2015
- Extra Magic Hours are on the Schedule for 2016 - July 1, 2015
- Mickey Mouse Club & A Goofy Movie Anniversaries Will Be Celebrated At D23 Expo 2015 - July 1, 2015