Chip & Company Week in Review, July 18, 2011
Welcome to another edition of the Chip & Company Week in Review! I hope you have had a great week, but if you have missed some of your Disney news stories, feel free to take a look at these!
- Are you going to be at D23 over at Disneyland this year? If so, there will be a special announcement during the Storytelling Event. You won’t want to miss that!
- Did you see that Jiko was named in Wine Enthusiast’s Top 100 restaurants? Congratulations to all of the staff at Jiko that make it such a great place to eat at!
- Debra brought us news that the Pleasure Island makeover is being delayed with the addition of Splitsville. I know I can’t wait to see it completed!
- Did you hear about the “Room for 1 More” event they are having at the Contemporary Resort? Sounds really cool!
- In addition to Fantasyland, Downtown Disney is getting some improvements. Check out the Downtown Disney Construction Update.
- Word is out that the Tronorail, the special Monorail that was covered in tribute to the Tron movie in 2010, is getting the special covering taken off. RIP Tronorail!
- Take a look at the new movie poster for The Muppets! I can’t wait until Thanksgiving when The Muppets comes out in theaters!
- This Friday, July 22nd, “LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace” premiers on Cartoon Network. Are you going to be watching?
- Are you interested in staying at the Four Seasons hotel at Walt Disney World when it opens? If so, I’m afraid you’re going to have to wait until 2014 for it to open.
- Lastly, in what is perhaps some of the biggest news since the Fantasyland Expansion was announced, Disney is no longer running monorails during Extra Magic Hours. I’m curious to see how this is going to work.
Of course, not all of our writing is news information. We have a ton of great Disney views to share with you, so here are three of them to whet your whistle!
- I love Top 5 lists, and our writer Savannah is full of top 5 lists. In this one, Savannah give us her Top 5 Underrated Disney World Attractions. Do you agree with her list?
- One of the things we love to do at Chip & Company is EAT! To that end, Chip gives us his Guide to Disney World Theme Park Restaurants! Bon Appétit!
- One of the new series we are working on is the “Around the ‘World’” series. In this installment, Jenn talks about Main Street, U.S.A.!
As always, have a wonderful week, and remember – if you are not at the parks to get your Disney fix, fill that craving here at Chip & Company! Don’t forget that we are running giveaways and contests all month long! Check out the site often for more details!
- Chip & Company Giveaways! (mydreamsofdisney.com)