Chip and Company Disney Week In Review For August 8th
Welcome to this week’s Chip and Company Disney Week In Review. There was a lot happening this week including information that a lot of us, fall visitors to Walt Disney World, have been waiting for. We have also got a couple of new Facebook pages that we encourage you to visit: First – You Might Be A Disney Addict If… and Second – Disney For Seniors . We sincerely hope you enjoy both of these pages and will give us a “Like” and visit regularly. Now, on to this week’ news and views.
- Here is some news that a lot of folks have been waiting for (including me). Yes, there will be free dining for the end of the year and even into 2012. Check out this article, Now Booking Disney World Free Dining Packages For 2011 -2012. For you (us) Annual Pass holders the discounts have been released through December 24th. Details right here. Mine is all booked, how about you?
- Going to the D23 Expo? Want more details? Read this article – Disney Consumer Products Takes Guests To The Heart of The Magic At D23 Expo 2011 Inside The Disney Living Pavilion. The more you know ahead of time the better.
- Still more information for those of you traveling to Walt Disney World this fall. It’s important that you know all about the Events and Attractions coming to Walt Disney World Fall of 2011. I know I’ll be studying this article.
- O.K. Disneyland Resort fans, if you have talent and want to work at Disney’s California Adventure then this article: Disney Parks seeking Female and Male Singer/Actors for New DCA Minnie’s Fly Girls Charter Airlines Show is for you. Good luck, or is it “Break A Leg” with your audition.
- Guess what everyone, theEnchanted Tiki Room’ Returns to Magic Kingdom August 2011 and it has basically been returned to its 1971 Disneyland format. Lots of fans have been asking for this to happen for years so it’s bye bye to the “New Management” and back to the format that most of us learned to love in the early days!!
- We all like to read about celebrities at any of the Disney Parks and they seem to be showing more often these days. I hope you will enjoy reading how Sinbad Gets ‘Goofy’ at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. He’s a tremendously funny guy so it’s no wonder he acts like a big kid.
- Any “Switched At Birth” fans out there? If you are I’m sure you will be delighted to know that the ABC Family Orders Additional 22 Episodes Of Hit Switched At Birth. Happy viewing folks!!!
- There’s news for all of the runners out there. As marathon times approach you will be pleased to know that Celebs, Promotions and New Medals on runDisney’s Horizon. There will be more info coming out each week so be on the look out.
- Have you been anxiously awaiting more Muppets? I know I have and it was exciting to learn that ‘The Muppets’ Raise the Curtain November 23. I know this one will become part of my collection and I’m sure a large percentage of you feel the same way.
- Here’s yet another reason to become a D23 member. Those who are already members and would like to travel to Hawaii it’s nice to know that D23 Members Save on a Hawaiian Holiday! But, you had better hurry because the offer expires August 27th.
- Blu Ray collectors break out your wallets because Coming to Bluray November 8th: Bolt 3D, Meet The Robinsons 3D, Chicken Little 3D, and G-Force! That could be expensive but it will be worth it.
That’s this week’s sampling of the news so it’s time for a quick look at the thoughts and views of our staff of very talented writers. Our writers have a wealth of Disney knowledge and experience that they love to share so be sure to stop by Chip and Company and enjoy!! Here is just a quick sample.
- The Disney Diva (and renowned Disney Addict) asks the question - Stages of Disney Addiction: What stage are you? Enjoy reading the article and find out where you fit on the Disney addiction ladder.
- This week’s Wednesday With Walt from Brenda gives us Walt fans and Epcot fans a double treat. It’s called Wednesday with Walt: Walt’s Vision of EPCOT and gives an insight as to exactly how Walt Disney saw Epcot and how it should be presented.
- Our fearless leader, Chip, poses a very telling question when he asks Are you guilty of these 5 Disney World Sins? See what the sins are and if you are guilty of any of them. We will cut you a break this time though, you don’t have to confess to us.
That’s all for this week. Like I asked above, please try to stop by our new Facebook pages You Might Be A Disney Addict If… and Disney For Seniors and let us know what you think. As always, enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World!!
- Traveling the Highway: Best of the Disney Web 8/11 (yourhighwayinthesky.com)
- This Week on Sorcerer Radio (8/8/11) (jedimouseketeer.blogspot.com)