It’s time to meet the Muppets at YouTube Space LA tonight! The Muppets Studio and YouTube Space LA have teamed up to bringtheMuppets to a new generation of fans by pairing them with some of YouTube’s biggest stars.
YouTube talent including Lindsey Stirling, Crash Course, VSauce3, Mike Tompkins,Barely Political and Mental Floss had the rare opportunity to collaborate and shoot with their childhood icons for “inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational” videos at YouTube Space LA that will appear on the Muppets official YouTube channel, as well as on their own channels, and promoted on the Muppets’ social media pages.
“The Muppets have been entertaining and inspiring YouTube audiences for several years and we are thrilled to re-engage current fans while capturing new ones through these exciting collaborations,” said Debbie McClellan, Vice President of The Muppets Studio. “We really enjoyed our residency at YouTube Space LA and look forward to future projects.”
“YouTube Space LA is dedicated to inspiring the next generation of storytellers through innovative programming and partnerships that push the creative envelope,” said Liam Collins, Head of YouTube Space LA. “It’s not every day that our YouTube creators get to work with the world’s most famous frog, the world’s most beautiful pig, a stand-up comedy bear and the drummer of the almost-legendary band The Electric Mayhem.
From music videos to a mystery special, the Muppets at YouTube Space LA videos are scheduled to go live from April-June 2015. In addition to the collaborations with YouTube stars, the Muppets will be releasing a slate of original music and comedic videos created exclusively for the Muppets’YouTube channel throughout the rest of the year.
The first video from VSauce3 (with over 2.3 million subscribers & 192 million views on YouTube) stars Gonzo and Rizzo, along with VSauce’s Jake Roper and Matthew Santoro, in a detective-themed story that asks What if Quicksilver Ran Past You. Launched in early April, the video has already generated over one million views.
Well-known hecklers,Statler and Waldorf gave advice to the Barley Political guys in a new video that launched April 24. Barely Political is a YouTube channel with over 4.3 million subscribers and over 2.3 billion views that focuses on comedy, song parodies, sketches and the Key of Awesome!
Muppet madness from YouTube Space LA continues through June with more collaborations and video launches including, but not limited to:
- April 29, 2015 – Mental Floss sits down with Miss Piggy, Rowlf, Swedish Chef,The Electric Mayhem and more fora special Muppet edition of “The List Show” that airs every Wednesday.
- May 4, 2015 – Mental Floss enlists Dr. Bunsen Honeydewand Beaker to help answerscience-related questions submitted by their viewers for “Big Questions” that airs every Monday.
- May 11, 2015 – Mike Tompkins and the Muppets give Echosmith’s “The Cool Kids” an A cappella lesson.
- May 18, 2015 – Violinist Lindsey Stirling performs “Pure Imagination” with the whole Muppet gang and a special guest star!
- June 3, 2015 – What happens when Crash Course’s John and Hank Green get interrupted by a classroom full of rowdy Muppets?
Check it out:
For the latest Muppet videos, visit their official YouTube Channel at:
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.
Latest posts by Maria (see all)
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Praise Wave Makes a Splash with MERCYME Taking the Stage March 12th - March 4, 2016
- SeaWorld Orlando Offers Free Beer - March 3, 2016
- SeaWorld Orlando Unveils New Coaster Car: Inspired by Sharks, Engineered for Speed - February 17, 2016