Three cheers for National Ice Cream Day! And what better way to celebrate this incredibly decadent day of the year then by paying homage to some of the amazing frozen treats you’ll find at Magic Kingdom’s Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. We’re certain there’s a sweet treat or two that will have you making a pit stop at this Main Street shop next time you’re at Walt Disney World.
1. The Mickey Mouse Kids Cone – The perfect treat for small fries this tasty snack includes one scoop of Edy’s ice cream in a sugar cone with milk chocolate “Mickey Ears”
2. The Doughnut Sundae – Only at Walt Disney World does it seem reasonable to have a doughnut for breakfast and this treat definitely delivers. It starts with a glazed doughnut topped with cinnamon-apple topping, a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, hot fudge and is topped off with milk chocolate “Mickey Ears” and a cherry.
3. The “Plaza” Ice Cream Sundae – This Magic Kingdom Classic features two scoops of Edy’s ice cream topped with hot fudge, whipped cream and a cherry and comes in a freshly made waffle bowl.
4. The Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich – (pictured) This sandwich frequently tops the lists of must-eat Disney World treats and its easy to understand why. Guests can indulge in their choice of hand-scooped ice cream flavors sandwiched between two hot-out-of-the-oven chocolate chip cookies.
And for those looking to keep it simple, Disney has a wide range of flavors that can be enjoyed on their own including: vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, cookies ‘n cream, no-sugar-added butter pecan, no-sugar-added raspberry sorbet. Non-dairy ice cream options are available for vegans or those who have a lactose intolerance.
So next time your paying a visit to Magic Kingdom be sure to give one of these tasty treats a try!
Thinking about a visit to Walt Disney World? There are still great 2017 packages to be had and 2018 are now on sale! Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get Fastpass and dining reservations and sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright DisneyThank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News! Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News to your inbox! You can find us online on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even our Tee Public Store!
Be sure to check out our sister site Disney Addicts, where we feature all the best Disney Planning Tips and more! Or drop by our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook group where you can chat about your your home away from home... Disney!
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- Ron Howard’s Twitter Feed Is the Place to Be For the Inside Scoop on the Han Solo Film - September 21, 2017
- Mickey Doughnuts are the New Sought After Treat at Shanghai Disney - September 21, 2017
- Chase Visa and Disney Renew Partnership Agreement - September 21, 2017