Category Archives: Tips and Tricks
If you are anything like me the answer is a resounding NO! In fact I don’t need any more credit cards! That doesn’t stop every credit card company on earth from sending me a pre-approved credit application once a week. Even Disney Rewards Visa was relentless. The photo of Mickey on the card, designed to draw any Disney Addict in. Oh wait, I can choose from multiple designs? I can even pick a Tinkerbell card! Nope, don’t need it. They can’t make me, I’ve paid off all my cards. I will not repeat the mistakes of my early 20′s.
I remained firm for a year. Shredding every application that came. Mickey’s smiling face cut into a thousand pieces. UNTIL…What? A $50 Disney gift card if I sign up? How did they know I had a trip planned in 3 months? That will come in handy for sure. I will use it towards my trip. That did it, I was done. Magic words…Disney Gift Card. Now I had to open the envelope and see what was involved. Within a few minutes I had my card design picked out (Where Dreams Come True) and the card was on its way. My husband won’t care, at least it’s not the Tink card. I’ll get rid of the Gymboree card, that’s the plan.
Why did I give in? The Disney Rewards Visa has great perks and no annual fee. Here’s the scoop:
Walt Disney World isn’t Walt Disney World without its fireworks, you know? I mean, the views of Wishes -combined with its unique soundtrack-are for sure a must do on every itinerary. But let’s face it-at the end of a full day of touring the parks, sometimes the fireworks show gets pushed off the itinerary in place of some pool time and relaxing in your resort room. But with a little planning, and some easy tips to remember, you can enjoy Wishes and all its magic!
Tips to Remember:
- Spots along Main Street, U.S.A. fill up quickly for Wishes. If you plan on viewing it from Main Street, plan on choosing-and staying in-a spot around an hour before the show starts.
- Split your family up and take turns holding the spot while others run to do a few attractions, shop, or grab food.
- Choose the night you see Wishes on a day when you DIDN’T start at Magic Kingdom at Rope Drop. It makes for a long, sometimes crowded evening – it’s good to view Wishes on a day when you’ve had a break at the pool or resort.
- Plan on doing a few attractions after the Wishes show-most everyone is headed to the buses or monorail, and it’s your chance to hit a few more rides before returning to your resort.
Birthdays are so special. It’s a day just to celebrate you! Celebrating your birthday at Disney World makes a birthday even more magical. Visiting Disney on our birthdays has been on my family’s Disney bucket list for many years. My son has been lucky enough to celebrate his birthday there a few years ago and this year it is my daughter’s turn. Through our planning, we have found some special adventures, both big and small, to help celebrate a birthday while at Disney World.
There are many different types of adventures for both pirates and princesses, both young and young at heart, to enjoy a magical birthday at Disney World. We have been lucky enough to enjoy a few of these adventures and look forward to more of them in the future.
Here are a few of our favorite ideas:
- Tea Party: There are three different options available for you to enjoy at the Grand Floridian if you would like to treat your prince or princess to a tea party. My Disney Girl’s Perfectly Princess Tea Party, Wonderland Tea Party at 1900 Park Fare, and afternoon tea at the beautiful Garden View Lounge are very special ways to celebrate a birthday.
- Princess Makeover:Another special experience that your prince or princess might enjoy is the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. There are two locations to choose from and several different packages available for your makeover. What better day to feel like royalty than on your birthday?
If you’re a Walt Disney World lover like me, then it probably doesn’t take much to get you pumped about a trip to WDW. To get myself even more excited, there are some things I like to do to prepare me for my reunion with Mickey and all his friends:
Research – The trick with this one is not overdoing it! Once you book your trip, there are some definite musts for research. Click the Planning button at the top of the page to learn more. Also check out what Deals and Offers are available. I know if you sign up for a Disney Rewards Visa you have 6 months to pay off your trip from when you get home and they also have some great rewards as well!
Weather-check and see what that time of year is typically like in Orlando and plan to pack accordingly (noting of course that the weather can be different than the average, but at least it gives you a place to start!)
Dining options – if you’re a foodie like me you will love this one, and if you don’t know where to start check out Walt Disney World’s official dining website for information The great thing is, most of this can be done online. For restaurant info check out Guide to Walt Disney World Section.