Category Archives: Tips &Tricks
Catering to the unique vacation needs of families, Disney Dream staterooms offer comfort and style synonymous throughout the Disney fleet. Designed specifically with families in mind, accommodations are luxurious and spacious, and most staterooms feature a split-bath – a concept that Disney introduced to the cruise industry.
The Disney Dream carries on the spirit of innovation with a cruise industry first for all inside staterooms: Virtual Portholes that offer a “window” to the world with a real-time view outside the ship, corresponding to stateroom location – either port or starboard. High-definition cameras placed on the exterior of the ship feed live video to each Virtual Porthole.
As guests are observing the impressive outside views, they may glimpse a magical surprise. Periodically, animated Disney characters may pop by the Virtual Porthole. Characters may include Peach the starfish from the Disney•Pixar film “Finding Nemo,” a haunted pirate ghost ship or even Mickey Mouse.
Nearly nine out of 10 of the 1,250 staterooms on the Disney Dream are outside rooms, and of those, 90 percent have a private verandah. To accommodate larger families and groups traveling together, there are 500 connecting doors adjoining staterooms. On connecting verandah staterooms, the partition between verandahs may be opened to create a larger shared balcony.
Well-planned design features allow guests to stretch out in comfort and luxury:
- The Disney Cruise Line signature bath-and-a-half design is featured in nearly every stateroom on the Disney Dream. Conveniently, one bathroom includes a vanity, sink and full tub/shower, while the “half” bath has a vanity, sink and toilet.
- Both luxurious and practical, a number of staterooms have round tubs with a built-in seat, a rain shower head and a hand-held shower – perfect for giving children a bath.
- Recognizing that families tend to travel with more luggage, Disney Cruise Line elevated bed frames to provide generous under-bed space to store suitcases and other items.
- For an added pinch of pixie dust, pull-down beds open to uncover a celestial scene overhead. Spanning the entire ceiling directly over the bed, original artwork depicts an enchanted tableau of Peter Pan, his fairy pal Tinker Bell and Wendy soaring through the night sky.
- Staterooms on the Disney Dream feature a contemporary, Art Deco-inspired design. Remarkable attention to every detail is evident in the elegant nautical theme with beautiful wood finishes, custom fabrics and carpets, stylish furnishings, original artwork, crown molding and genuine teak accents.
- First-class features and amenities in all staterooms include a 22-inch LCD flat screen TV on a swivel arm, iPod docking station, roomy closets, mini refrigerator, full-length mirror, mini safe, premium toiletries, plush bath towels, fine bed linens and feather duvets.
The Disney Dream has 21 suites, each lavishly appointed and designed with upscale furnishings. Most suites can connect to another stateroom, creating an exceptionally spacious living area for larger groups and families.
- Each suite has two bathrooms designed with opulent granite and marble finishes. The master bathroom features a whirlpool bath tub, a rain shower, double sinks and a television built seamlessly into the mirror.
- Suites have a generous private verandah, walk-in closet, living room and Blu-ray disc player. Both the living area and master bedroom have a 42-inch, high-definition LCD television.
- Suite amenities include deluxe bed linens, feather duvets, plush bath towels, sublimely soft bath robes and slippers. Suite guests may choose from a selection of hypo-allergenic, goose down and therapeutic memory foam pillows.
Disney Cruise Line’s signature royal suites – the Walter E. Disney Suite and the Roy O. Disney Suite – are located at Deck 12 forward of the Disney Dream. The Art Deco glamour of the 1920s and 1930s is prevalent in the décor of the suites. Extravagant details of the signature suites include a whirlpool hot tub on the private teak wood verandah, master bath with whirlpool tub, rain shower and double sinks, media library, large living area, kitchenette and sweeping ocean views through the floor-to-ceiling windows lining the main living quarters.
On the Disney Dream, all suite and concierge stateroom guests enjoy the benefit of the ship’s Concierge Level providing special services and exclusive access to dedicated areas.
- The Concierge Lounge is located among the concierge suites on Deck 12. Guests may relax in quiet comfort, sip a cocktail, access the internet, watch news on a large screen TV and enjoy complimentary food and beverage presentations offered throughout the day. From the lounge, concierge guests have private access to Senses Spa & Salon.
- The concierge team will provide guests with personalized service and assist with a variety of shipboard requests such as making reservations for spa treatments, Palo dining, shore excursions and nursery care for children.
- One deck up on the private sun deck, concierge guests can soak up the sun in an exclusive area. This private oasis offers tranquil breezes, misters to keep cool, comfortable, cushioned lounge chairs and refreshments.
A leader in the family cruise segment, Disney Cruise Line delivers a vacation experience that every member of the family feels was created especially for them.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, guests can visit disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888/DCL-2500 or contact their travel agent. Travel agents can call Disney Cruise Line at 888/325-2500 or visit disneytravelagents.com.
Add WDW Vacations as a Friend on Facebook and you will be automatically entered into the August Giveaway.
Tell your friends to join their Facebook page!
If they get 2,000 fans total by Aug. 31 they will give one of the fans a $25 Disney Gift Card.
If 2,500 fans join they will giveaway a $50 Disney Gift Card
3,000 fans and they giveaway a $75 Disney Gift Card.
Over 3,500 fans and they will giveaway a $100 Disney Gift Card.
If you are already a fan you are already entered.
WDWVacations on Facebook has the latest Disney Discounts, News and Disney Tips brought to you by Pixie Vacations.
On the Disney Dream, while children are having the time of their lives in the elaborately themed youth areas, adults can look forward to incomparable indulgences and relaxation with exclusive areas and offerings designed exclusively for them. With a spectacular nighttime entertainment district, exquisite dining, a deluxe spa and a tranquil private pool, the Disney Dream provides adults with endless ways to unwind, rejuvenate and pamper themselves.
The District is an extraordinary adult-exclusive nighttime entertainment area on the Disney Dream. Featuring sophisticated bars and lounges, this playground for grownups transports adult guests to a world all their own.
Guests visiting The District will encounter an array of experiences that stimulate all the senses – with each venue presenting its own unique design, look, feel, sounds and palate-pleasing delights. All venues in The District are interconnected and convey a sense of discovery as guests move throughout the areas.
The District is located on Deck 4 aft and is open exclusively to guests age 18 and older. Sensational venues include:
- District Lounge – sophisticated, yet relaxed area featuring live piano music and entertainment
- 687 – warm, welcoming and casual – a modern interpretation of a traditional pub
- Pink – an elegant and upscale cocktail lounge serving champagne and top-shelf libations
- Skyline – a chic, metropolitan “sky bar” with ever-changing views of stunning city skylines
- Evolution – inspired by the evolution of the butterfly, a dynamic, contemporary night club
Senses Spa & Salon provides tranquility, pampering and relaxation in an ocean-view environment of more than 16,000 square feet. Located in the forward section of the ship and spanning two decks, the spa features a design that is soothing – using a color palate of natural green, blue and soft brown hues, organic tropical motifs and lush woods to impart a calming effect.
- 17 private treatment rooms – offering a menu of luxurious spa treatments and services such as massages, body wraps and facials.
- Rainforest – offering the benefits of steam, heat and hydrotherapy combined with the power of aromatherapy to relax the mind and body. Specialized areas include a steam bath, steam room, tiled sauna and aromatic rain showers. Guests can relish the Rainforest’s calming ocean views while reclining in heated mosaic tile relaxation chairs, or lounge outside in one of two whirlpool hot tubs on the private teak deck.
- Two lavish spa villas – for the ultimate indulgence, the villas feature an indoor spa treatment suite connected to a private outdoor verandah with personal whirlpool hot tub, shower and a plush, double lounge chair.
- Ocean-view gym – a nearly 2,500-square-foot gym with state-of-the-art exercise equipment and complimentary group classes such as yoga, Pilates, aerobics, stretching and spinning.
- Additional Senses Spa & Salon offerings include manicures, pedicures, hair salon services, a barber shop and teeth whitening at the Smile Spa.
Adults can soak up the sun and bask in warm tropical breezes at the Quiet Cove Pool, a multi-level pool with varying depths.
Also located in the adults-only area on Deck 11 is Cove Café. With a warm, comfortable design, Cove Café is a peaceful retreat where adults can sit back, sip a gourmet coffee, read a magazine or book, watch the national news or use the café’s WiFi-enabled laptop to surf the internet.
Sweeping ocean views, rich décor and epicurean excellence create the setting for a romantic escape aboard the Disney Dream in a redesigned version of Disney Cruise Line’s signature specialty restaurant, Palo. Named after the colorful poles that line the canals of Venice, Disney Cruise Line’s signature restaurant invites adults to indulge in a menu of delectable Northern Italian cuisine, an extensive wine list and superior service.
For an entirely new Palo experience on the Disney Dream, guests may dine al fresco on Palo’s private outdoor teak deck, with picturesque views and warm ocean breezes further tantalizing the senses.
In an exquisite, top-deck restaurant with incredible ocean views, Disney Cruise Line debuts Remy – its first-ever premier dining option. With French-inspired, gourmet cuisine by two award-winning chefs, Remy melds classic and contemporary styles in a sophisticated new dining concept exclusively for adults on the Disney Dream.
Chef Arnaud Lallement from l’Assiette Champenoise, a Michelin two-star restaurant just outside Reims, France, and Chef Scott Hunnel from award-winning Victoria & Albert’s at Walt Disney World Resort, collaborate to create a menu featuring superior products and seasonal ingredients.
Polished touches at Remy include a tableside trolley for serving international cheeses, decanting stations for wines, and post-prandial coffee service including French press and grand crème. A private Chef’s Table dining room provides a glimpse into the kitchen and offers a special multi-course menu.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, guests can visit disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888/DCL-2500 or contact their travel agent.
There is nothing more magical than a Disney vacation. Except maybe for a Disney Wedding! Did you know that you can get married at the most magical place on earth? Just like with everything else Disney goes the extra mile to make your special day more magical. From rehearsal dinners to honeymoons, Disney Fairytale Weddings and Honeymoons offers everything from small intimate affairs to over the top extravaganzas.
There are three packages to choose from to make all of you Disney wedding wishes come true!
First off is the Escape collection which is the most intimate option meant for just the two of you or up to 18 guests. You can chose from dozens of locations around the property with the most popular being the Wedding Pavilion. This chapel located on Bay Lake Adjacent to the Grand Floridian Resort offers breathtaking views of Cinderella Castle as you say your vows. After your Magical Ceremony you and your guest will enjoy a champagne toast and wedding cake. Follow up the wedding with a magical Disney Honeymoon.
Next on the list is the Wishes package meant to fulfill your Wedding desires. Be whisked to your wedding destination by limo, or is horse drawn carriage more your style?
Have you ever wanted to be married in front of Cinderella Castle? That can be arranged. How about at sunrise in Epcot? Underneath a firework filled sky? All of these options can be attained with this very customizable option. Afterward party into the night surrounded with all of your special guests. Minnie and Mickey could even show up for a visit. Keep in mind however that there is a minimum spending limit in order to book a Wishes Package.
And Last but not least there is the Couture package. Meant to be whatever your heart desires the Couture package is just that, the ultimate in customization. Fine tune all the details from what location to have the ceremony to the design of your wedding cake. This is the epitome of luxury where you will be assigned a wedding team trained by wedding planner David Tutera in order to make sure that your every wish is fulfilled. They give you the options you decide what is right for you!
Whether you have the most lavish wedding surrounded by 500 of your nearest and dearest or want an intimate ceremony with just you and your loved one Walt Disney world can make it happen and make sure you have the magical wedding that you have always dreamed of For more information on Disney Weddings call the Disney Wedding Team at 321-939-4610 and request a Brochure.
For help planning you Disney Honeymoon or any Disney World Vacation Contact- Kari Boyle at 484-415-0373 or Email me at Kari@PixieVacations.com
Wow this months edition of the Disney Blog Carnival is now live! There are some great Disney articles from all over the Disney Blog-o-Sphere. Click here to check them out.
If you missed the past Carnivals here they are for your viewing pleasure.